Saturday, February 21, 2009

Another Calico

When returning the female last night, to those Lebanon folks, I saw a calico, another one, only east of I5, roaming the edge of highway 34. It was perhaps a mile east of I5. Someone in Corvallis had told me a friend of theirs saw a calico right near the southbound offramp of I5 a couple weeks ago. I thought maybe it was a calico owned just south of there, across a field, on Tangent Drive, but now I believe this is the same calico, and she might have been dumped behind the gas station at I5. It's a popular place to dump. Or she could have been dumped at SafeHaven. Another popular dumping spot.

So I noted the location, but I can't really take in another cat, if I trapped her, in the night out there.

I've had an ad running now for three days and have not had a single call on the ad. I got the hit off petfinder for Rags, from the Corvallis woman, who I don't think will end up adopting him afterall. It's strung out for a long time, the e-mails about wanting him but she has not called me, so far, which is an indicator she might not be serious.

The possible home for Miato came on a craigslist post and that one does sound very hopeful. She may come to see him today. I am hoping very much.

Anyhow, it is tough to find cats homes these days. Really tough. Miato and Rags are such incredible cats, too, you'd think they'd be hot to adopt, but three days, no calls from my ad, and only a couple hits off petfinder. I am still hopeful and plan to get fliers out on Rags today. He's such a sweet little boy, but he's had a very tough beginning to life.

These are reasons I shouldn't go after the latest highway 34 calico, I know. Only if I get more room opening here, with some adoptions, but adoptions for me are pretty much not happening anymore. If there is an adoption group out there, who reads this, and will take on the calico, if I trap her and get her fixed, please respond.

2 comments:

  1. remember, you did get peko adopted!! And didn't someone take, or is interested in taking, little Feather??? It just seems like for every one or two you get adopted you end up with six more...And the sick cats need attention, the babies and teens need playtime and love...and your cats need you,too......whew - great to feel needed, huh????

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no interest in Feather. Yes, Peko did get a home. I know, too many, way too many. Needed. Ha! I have some needs, too. Like a litterbox scooper person. Too little space for so many, must find homes for some quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...