Friday, February 20, 2009

1 Lonely Cat

I only took in one cat today. She's the female from Lebanon whose three teen daughters I took in a month ago. She then had five ten day old newborns, who are now five weeks old. Since she is going in and out, the folks were fearful she'd be pregnant once again, so today, she got spayed.

These folks live only a few hundred feet from those other Lebanon people, whose young adult daughter was so rude to me and is so lazy. Fortunately, some of the cats I've been getting fixed at this other location, for people who contacted me before KATA referred the other people, are the same cats. So, I'm getting at it from the other side of the problem, and these folks are actually very nice. They have even contributed $100 so far.

I'm still trying to get the money owed me by the Albany woman. She said yesterday she had it, then never called back, like she had said she would, when she returned from the store, so she could pay me. No call today either. No answer. It's like trying to pull teeth, to get my own money back. I don't know why people do that or think it's ok.

I've been talking to myself more than usual lately. Been alone too long I suppose. Getting real eccentric. I get all joyful everyday, then as the lonely day wears on, I kind of wear out of hope again. But I'm usually refueled with it by morning, thinking something good will happen today.

Well something good did happen today. A real nice family wants to adopt Miato, but they'll be gone on vacation for ten days and so he'll wait here for them to come home.

Rags is still sort of up for grabs. A Corvallis woman has been e-mailing, wanting him, but now must ask her father, since I think she rents from him. I think that's the deal. She sounds nice.

3 comments:

  1. keep the faith Jody.....it won't be long before summer is here and i can hopefully make it down for a few days...i guarantee i'll make you soooo sick of company you'[ll be glad to get back to normal hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, summer. That would be a long trip for you, for a few days. I wish I could come up with money, to meet you halfway, mid country destination. No money for that and no one to take care of kitties here. I'm still looking to move out of Albany, and hoping I can. Just too doggone lonely and isolated here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should move here, Jeanne. BE nice to have a friend here! I know, expensive to move, and your kids probably have a lot of friends there. Well, it'd be nice.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...