Thursday, January 29, 2009

Photos of Seven Cats Taken in Yesterday

Below are photos of the seven cats I took in yesterday from one rural Linn County location. The big Maine Coon turned out to already be neutered. Of the other six, two were girls and four were boys. All had tapeworm and earmite infestations. I did treat all of them for fleas, and talked to them extensively about the parasites the cats have, how they get them, and how to treat them. I hope they follow through.

Muted torti female, fixed yesterday.
Siamese mix male, fixed yesterday.
This male turned out to be already neutered. They thought he was an unfixed female, and had named him "Holly". He showed up about two months ago, along with another big male, now in a trap in my car. I bet he'll be already neutered, too.
Gray tux male, neutered yesterday.
Chocolate Point Siamese long hair male, neutered yesterday.
Buff and white male, neutered yesterday.
Blue Point Siamese female, fixed yesterday.

I heard from the man referred to me by councilman Olsen. Despite listening to my message about me not taking in cats from the public, he was not interested in getting the cat in question fixed, but rather wanted me to take the cat.

I asked him if he listened to my message on my machine and he said he had, but since Olson gave him my number, he figured he had an in, and I'd take the cat regardless of having way too many already and the message on my machine. This really pissed me off.

The cat also may be owned. He claims the cat enters his house through his cat door and he already has two cats and a dog who use that door and he wants the cat gone. I explained that there were several people in his area who feed strays, so he can not feed that stray and he or she will be fine.

But his beef is the cat using his cat door. Well duh. If you have a hole in your house to the outside, its' pretty much inviting anything that will fit through it inside. Close up the cat door, keep your own cats inside, any of these options are suitable, I told him, but not acceptable to him. For all he knows his cats are entering other people's houses and garages, too.

There was nothing I could do but tell him to try to find out if the cat is owned and if not, to try to find the cat a home himself.

He thought I should deal with it. Didn't matter that I told him over and over I'm not a shelter, that I don't get paid, etc, etc, because he wanted his needs met regardless of any hardship on others or the cat.

I hate people sometimes. I sent councilman Olson off an e-mail, letting him know I was not happy with being misled, that this man wanted a cat fixed. I'm turning my phone off for the rest of the day. I"m at my demand tolerance limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...