Monday, December 29, 2008

The Tiring NIght

I was at the rest area again. The owner of the missing Siamese showed up and looked for awhile, but there was no sign of her, and then the rain began. I fell twice in the mud, flat on my face one time, and on my side the other time. I sat in that cold freezing car, wet, wondering why I do this. I know why, because nobody else is.

But I wish sometimes, that I could find a way to do something for myself, not always helping other people and cats. I don't have people in my life, not more than once every few months. Other than that, I live a very isolated life. The people around Albany, are not supportive and generally complain I don't do enough for them.

I keep thinking I should do something for myself. The utmost thing I want to do is leave Albany and go somewhere where there are other animal people and fewer unfixed pets and less animal abuse and abandonment. But I would settle for going somewhere where I might find friends to kick back with a couple times a week. That would help so much. It is hard here, to have nobody, to be under all these demands from people, to be hounded by others who are just mean, but nonetheless it's hard to face meanness and people who stiff me, so often. It just wears me down and out.

I have way too many cats here right now. With the dryer broken, things are backed up and behind. I have spent far too much time trying to catch that Siamese. Some don't make it and that is one cat I can't help. I am too behind, too tired out, and too broke.

There's a tabby on white out there too, I believe freshly dumped. People suck sometimes, I tell you. Want to see that, go spend time in a rest area. You'll see some strange stuff at night, everything from drug dealing to drug use to whoring. The river was way up last night, covering the boat ramp and back road area, so the activity was way down, which made me feel happy.

9 comments:

  1. Very few people have the time to kick back a couple of times a week with friends, Jodi :)...or at all, most weeks. I know my friends and I don't...we're all working full time, and get back late in the evening, and then have no energy to do anything other than dinner and chores. And the weekends pretty much go on laundry, cleaning the house, groceries, other chores.

    You too have a full time job :), one you are so good at and that makes the world a *much* better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're probably right, Whitesocks. I love people actually, love to chat and just have conversation, make jokes. I do wish I had people in my life more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I complain about people a lot, but those are the people I deal with, in difficult cat situations, and people who often lie to me, to get me to help them, then ditch on their promises. Not easy.

    Those people suck. but I have met wonderful people, witty and funny, loving, a kick to be around or even to talk to. I do long for contact with such people. I haven't met you, but I've met Marianne, who reads this blog who adopted Mickey, the one eyed boy. I only once and very very briefly, but she is a kick to be around. So is Midori, who lives in WA and adopted Little Miss Sunshine, a very funny person. Anyhow, I could name lots of really nice people, and some I've met only once, but we hit it off immediately. So I know I complain about people but those are different sorts. There are really fun interesting intelligent people out there I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't leave off Suzanne, an operating room nurse, also lives in WA, who long ago adopted Samson from me, from that Lebanon collectors trailer. She and her kids, now adults, are something else. It was a privilege also to meet them. Ani and her husband, formerly of Corvallis, now living back east, met them when they adopted two cats from me. They were very intelligent and witty and fun. Michael, Ani's husband, had a very dry wit. Hysterical stuff he'd pop out with. Anyhow, reminiscing I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, I've been privileged to meet scores of incredible people through this job, Whitesocks. I am very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you're a lot of fun to be with :)...I hope we get to meet someday, in person! For all I was saying, I can imagine that it must get lonely...and it really really hurts when people take advantage of you, as people in Albany seem to do. I am so sorry it is so hard, Strayer. You are such a good person and deserve so much better.
    Warm, warm hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, what about me? You left me out! I'm fun :) but I also one of those people who are at work at 7am and don't get home until 6:30 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And there's Diane, my very cool cat woman friend in Corvallis, who works long hours but has a cat room set up, loves cats, rescues cats, traps them for fixing, has a son who now does the same, and is good at almost everything, smart, funny, caring and hard working!!!! Hey Diane, sorry to leave you out. Have left out way too many. I love all of you!

    There's Kathy in Philomath, too, a cat and dog lover, just a very wonderful caring person, a horse person, hard worker, has great neighbor who artificially inseminates queen bees, something that still impresses the hell out of me and raises my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear of so many, Jodi! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Dog in the Road

 I went to get groceries yesterday morning fairly early. I was expecting visitors, brief ones, pop in and out, so I wanted to get done with ...