Monday, December 29, 2008

Pulled the Traps. Going to Bed

I hate to give up on that poor lost Siamese, but exhaustion has decreed that I have to. I went and pulled the traps. Two had been sprung. One looked like it was sprung by someone curious, who pulled up on the towel, springing the trap. The other looked to have been sprung by a dog. Very common and irritating.

I had an encounter with just another bad dog owner. I was out in the brush trying to put out some food before leaving, and hopped onto the road, only to come face to face with a huge off leash German Shepherd, who took an aggressive stance and began growling and barking very intimidatingly. The dog had growled at me when going the other way also.

His owner was an asshole, who took no action to put his dog on a leash, but rather said "he's just scared of you" like it was nothing to have a dog charge you, growling and barking aggressively. A BIG SCARY DOG.

In such a case, does one pepper spray the dog or the owner or both?

I've met so many arrogant unthinking dog owners in the last few days at the rest area. That's where you go to meet them.

Well anyhow. As for the dryer, Keni says her husband is excellent at fixing dryers and will come down this weekend and try to fix it. When I read that e-mail, I wanted to kiss Keni's husbands feet. Her husband is very handsome, does long distance swimming, is a computer programmer and plays in a rock band. And fixes dryers. She got a good one!

Keni, on the other hand, is super organized, a good cook, funny, outgoing, great at creative things, is an excellent organic landscaper, can make all sorts of things, do all sorts of building projects and worm a feral kitten. They compliment each other well, I think.

Anyhow, Damon, the Home Depot guy, adamant about how I should expect cheap products to break very quickly, was probably just telling the truth, although I bet he wins no points as an appliance department associate, since that's where the cheap dryer was bought. As a salesman, direct terse truth, spoken loudly so many customers nearby could overhear, is not something that often gets a salesman promoted. But it's cute to think about what he said now. I wonder if he still has a job.

2 comments:

  1. I spent $350 on a washer just last year and it fell apart so badly the repair person said it was not worth fixing. I ended up purchasing a high end washer---$850, and even that one thumps when it spins. But all the appliance people tell me the same---if it's under $600, it's crap. They told me a good option for people who want to replace theirs and know in advance, is to tell the local repair guy, so when some affluent person trades in their old but perfectly good Maytag for a brand new washer or dryer, the repair person can let you know, because those old Maytags are good for 25 years, and fixable when they break for the most part. So sad to invest in something new that you expect to work for you for at least 5 years, and have it fall apart in one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I looked into the dryer, after opening the front, I oculd not believe how rinky dink they look. Little narrow belt, rollers that look like they came off a child's toy, very pathetic motor, thin crappy sheet metal that can so easily bend. It was eye opening that these things are so simply yet cheaply built. With crappy looking rinky dink parts, slapped together.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...