Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Exhaustion

I'm totally exhausted. Am going back to bed here shortly. I cleaned all the litterboxes and fed and petted everybody. The Vancouver man is going to adopt the rest area kitten but only after she is spayed. And soon, I believe, some of the adult cats will be making a trip to Portland, into the hands of the adoption group.

The black adult rest area female and gray male from under the HIghway 34 bypass will move to a barn home this weekend. Both are very grateful kitties, building up, by eating everything in sight, from near starvation.

And I am overdue for a long winter's nap.

I have adjusted to life without a dryer. I hang up towels and even bedding, jeans, socks and underwear I hang over doorknobs to dry.

I am a lucky person compared to most.

I wish I could have put that Siamese back into her owner's arms. It's a horrible thing, to lose a cherished family member. I'm sure she goes over and over the moment in her mind, and wishes she hadn't done what she did, putting her on a leash, only to have her immediately lose her collar. The cat was not normally walked on a leash.

I don't know where Sophie is. I don't think the dead white cat on the freeway was her. I could be wrong.

I saw a story about fire fighters rejecting union pay raises in Washington state, for the good of the community. I wish more public employees, union employees, overpaid managers and CEO's, would do the same. This is hero stuff. Sacrifice for good.

1 comment:

  1. We all wish you a Happy New Year and hope that you get some good rest and some support in the great work that you do to help cats. If you coud realise your dream of moving to a kinder location that would be wonderful. We hope that dream can be made real.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...