Tuesday, September 02, 2008

When it rains......

This morning, my bathroom sink would produce no water from the single faucet. I didn't know what to think, thought maybe a water line might be broken, didn't like that thought.

Then I thought, 'I bet the faucet quit working or is clogged with silt or something.'

I tried to dismantle it from the top (photos below), thinking maybe I could just replace the innards and not cough up money for a new faucet. Not going to work.

Plumbing stuff is very hard for me and my bad neck, trying to get under a sink. Boy.

Now I guess I'll have to replace the faucet. Copper water input lines, too, that are severely corroding and I hope they're not getting "pipe cholesterol" if you know what I mean by that, stuff that grows from inside of the pipe slowly clogging it closed. Pipe cholesterol is my term for it. There's no fixing pipe cholesterol or cleaning it out either. So it makes me nervous to touch old pipes because they're weak like clogged arteries and can break so easy. I didn't think copper pipes get this disease, however. I must confess, I know very little about plumbing either, and bumble through repairs out of necessity. I always hope for the best, but plumbing mistakes can be rather messy and even catastrophic.

Yes, I e-mailed landlord brother, but there's nothing he can do, from so far away, even if he responds.

The clerk at the convenience store says, with my bad battery, the fact I will have to walk a zillion miles tomorrow, in relation to the car going to a shop, and now the plumbing break, that I should be clear for awhile of malfunctions, since she says problems come in three's and mine are up now. Three problems. So, I guess, according to the "three's" philosophy, I get smooth sailing for awhile.

Good, I need some.

I have a home lined up for Atom, Last Kitten Standing, and the adult tame female from the Marion trailer colony. They're actually going to live as barn cats with a relative of the woman who adopted two kittens and one adult from the Kitten Yard Colony, as barn cats also a month ago. The relatives live next door. Atom and Luke will likely hook up again, with their own relatives, I'm sure, living so close to each other again. When the woman heard of the plight of the Marion cats, even though she didn't want a tame cat, to be inside, due to her allergies, she agreed to take this adult female also. I'm happy about that.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Abbytabby trailer teen, being fixed today.
Adult tame gray tabby tux female, being spayed today, who now will go out as a barn cat, with Atom and Luke.
Gray tabby teen, one of three teens from the Marion trailer, being fixed today, along with two adults from same trailer.
This is the third teen, a gray and white, with a little spot on her nose, up being fixed today also.
Big adult gray male, from the trailer, being fixed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...