Sunday, September 07, 2008

Searching for Marian

I searched half the evening and night for Marian. No luck. I used a flashlight, searching the fields and ditches on every road within five miles of where she went missing. I thought at first I'd spotted her right up on Columbus in a field, but it was a different gray tabby. That one also was in poor shape.

The elderly woman at the end of Witt, a cancer survivor, is a nervous wreck, her relatives said, due to the jet sprint boat races. There were helicoptor rides offered, too, and the chopper lifted off right by her house, going over it, clearing it by not that many feet. I'm sure this is not legal.

For gosh sakes, who allowed this event, and what kind of morals do they have, that they would do that, to elderly folks living on that short dead end narrow road? They have no ethics or morals, is the answer to that, and I bet they chose to do it there, because they're older people living on that road, without a lot of money, and figured they couldn't afford to fight it.

Damn selfish assholes.

Raises my ire, it does, this sort of blatant disrepect.

I then went on over to a low income complex in Corvallis. More cats there. Some ended up at Heartland, trapped by Animal Control. They would have been euthanized but thankfully Heartland staff called because they had eartips, to see if I wanted to save them. I went and picked up the boys and they got a barn home. One of the tenants at the low income complex stubbornly insists Heartland doesn't kill ferals. Then she tried to tell me, "Well, it's all in what you'd term feral."

I said, "How about a cat who hisses at you if you even make eye contact? If you think these cats you feed around here are not feral, then why don't you reach right straight into a trap and pet them then?"

She closed her window and refused to talk to me further. We've had it out over this before. I've suggested she just call Heartland and ask their policy, because they would tell her, but she'd rather be stubborn and know it all about it, insisting if these cats went to Heartland, they'd be fine and get great homes. Delusional!

I caught three. Two younger ones and an adult medium hair tabby, allegedly a female.

I'm taking in an Albany owned cat, also.

One of the Tiny Tots, the gray and white cute as a button girl kitten went to a home in Lebanon. I let her go unfixed because she is friends with a diehard spayaholic, so she'll get spayed all right.

Her sister is still here, along with the Buffy, Hungry and Bones, the Starvation Kids, and Abby, the pneumonia girl. Plus I have four in the bathroom now. In the bathroom, I have Spokes, Hops and Bunny, from the Marian trailer, and I have the black and white girl, with the bad eye, from the Millersburg trailer. I've been treating her eye without any problem, although, she was half blind from the infection and when she suddenly sees me, boy, she starts clawing at me and hissing up a storm. But I continue to give her antibiotics and eye meds.

So I have nine cats needing homes, all kittens or preteens. The four in the bathroom would be great for a barn home together. In fact, I'd love to get a barn home that would take six teens, then I'd go trap the other two siblings of the black and white bad eye girl and they could all go together, all six. Boy that'd be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...