Thursday, September 04, 2008

Marion Trailer Colony Tiny Tots

Check out the Tiny Tots, as I dub them, from the Marion trailer colony. They are now here, safe and sound, and I hope to find them homes. Their aunt, Marion, will leave for a barn home today. She hasn't really stopped eating since I trapped her. She ate three cans of food that evening. Then was spayed Tuesday. Yesterday, she just ate and ate also. Poor girl. Her own kittens, almost teens, are in my garage room recovering from surgery. I don't want them to go back to that starvation trailer either. What to do?
I believe these tiny tots are both girls, but I will have to check once I find my close up glasses! I can no longer sex kittens without glasses. From the photos, the gray kitten looks like a male. Doesn't it?


This is mom of three teens, Marion, nearly starved to death, too, at that trailer. And she was pregnant again, when spayed Tuesday. How awful for a cat, to suffer pregnancy when she cannot even feed her last litter or herself. These cats will all now be saved. None would have survived the winter, I'm afraid.

Check out Hungry. Remember Hungry and his siblings, whom I trapped at the BS, in Dead Car Field? They were close to starvation. I took photos of them when the Neuterscooter vet was bathing them. They were literally skin and bones. Well look at the difference. Hungry is now a little chubby. I named the two boys Hungry and Bones, while their sister I have named Biscuits.

Hungry now, a little miffed at me, for taking photos.

Below are the latest probably last photos of Atom and Luke, the last remaining kittens, now hardly kittens, from the Columbus Greens Kitten Yard Colony. Today, they will leave me, for a barn home, just two houses from three other cats, taken in as barn cats, from same colony. No doubt they will soon be re-uniting on the sly with their relatives from the trailer park. It's about time these boys got someplace. They are dying of boredom and should not spend their youths locked in first a bathroom, and now one bedroom, waiting for a place to go.

Atom in September.
Luke, a.k.a. Last Kitten Standing, in September.

1 comment:

  1. they are all so beautiful! my job has me beat when i get home so i'm hardly online now. i don't plan to stay there longer then 6 months at this point. keep up all the great work!!

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...