Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Long Day

The brown tabby female and the gray female, from the Corvallis complex, went to a barn home today. They didn't have to go back to the complex! I was returning the black medium hair teen male late tonight, but the area was messed up with parties going on everywhere, and I just couldn't do it. I'll find him a home too, or talk the people who took his mother and sister into taking him also, which would be the best thing for him.

I did trap the lactating white female, at least, within two minutes of arrival. She's had too many litters there. The last one, recently, disappeared, probably died because her older litter still nurses on her, and that would leave nothing for the little ones. Or, someone found them and took them. They're gone and now she will be spayed. She's bright white and can't go to a barn home, because she wouldn't last a month. White cats get killed by predators.

I trapped two small kittens at the Scravel Hill colony, plus a lactating black female. Then I found two tiny kittens, a week old, in the shop, and brought them home too. I bottle fed them, then I gave them to the female, who I don't think is their mother, but she's lactating, so that's what they need. She is nursing them in the trap. She will be spayed tomorrow regardless. This is a massive colony, and there's no room for error, by releasing an adult female in an all black cat large colony without getting her fixed.

I also went over to the Albany trailer park and picked up the two kittens there, a boy and a girl, since I am going where they fix kittens tomorrow. Sami, the pneumonia girl, will be spayed tomorrow also.

I returned the gray and white female to the Marian trailer. I just couldn't deal with trying to relocate her also. There are only two adult cats there now. They'll be a lot better off and get plenty of food now, for the two of them, especially since I am supplying them with cat food.

So I ran myself silly today, got lots done, looked for Marian more, took in the three cats, two owned males then the first female from the big colony. Anyhow, did a lot, am tired, must do even more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...