Thursday, September 04, 2008

Is Ethanol Evil?

When out trapping at the Marion Trailer colony, a brother of the trailer man was there, bullshitting with his relative. He asked how I liked my car. I said "I love it." He asked what kind of mileage I get. I told him the first year it got great mileage, about 35 on the road and 31 or 32 in city. I said then it dropped rather drastically, to about 30 or 31 on the road and I'd never really understood why.

The man said "Ethanol percentage increase in gas sold." I've heard this before. But now, when I think about the drop in my own mileage, I believe it. This negates any good ethanol creates, dropping mileage like that.

The man also told me it's very hard on engines because of the alcohol content of ethanol.

I thought up a bumper sticker about ethanol:

STARVE THE WORLD. FEED YOUR CAR---Goooo ETHANOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...