Monday, August 25, 2008

Returning the Feral Abbytorbi

I returned that feral abbytorbi, trapped in the alley last week, spayed last Friday. I'd kept her the weekend in a rabbit hutch, because she was skinny, and I wanted to let her have some recovery and eating time. I did deworm and deflea her, and she did eat a lot. I returned her and talked to the woman with the sick kittens, three of whom I took in. She positively identified the feral female as the mother of the pneumonia girl I have here, and another kitten she is caring for, from a first litter of the summer.

That property too is under city deadline for cleanup. The city has demanded they clean up the junk in the yard and out back by the end of the month, which is only a few days away and they have not started. They've been under notice to do it for at least a month, she said. I don't know what they'll do now, since they've waited so long and have not even started to clean it up. The city is really cracking down on properties filled with junk, it seems.

The fourth kitten, the one she says she has a home for, was racing around, very happy and full of herself. She looked good. The woman has been giving her the meds I gave her to put in her eyes.

Tomorrow, the ten year old female and one of the three teens not fixed yet will go in. That will leave two teens there, needing fixed, and then it will be done. She was very happy to see I'd caught that feral female. I'm happy about it too. She said the people I had the run in with, who yelled at me, drink, and that is likely the chemical agent of personality change that caused that interaction. She's says they are nice people most of the time. But drinking can change nice folks into mean nasty people.

I like this woman and her son a lot. The junk filled yard and barely noticed cats, I don't understand it. I don't. But I like the woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wolverine Visits Linn County

 I don't know if its the same Oregon touring wandering wolverine that was seen yesterday outside Lebanon on Golden Valley road.   The wa...