Friday, August 29, 2008

Rental Store Calls about Marion Cats

In an interesting twist this morning, I got a call from a equipment rental store. A Marion man was looking to rent traps to trap 13 cats he feeds. The rental store man felt for this disabled guy in Marion, and wanted to help him. The man wanted the cats gone, however. I told the rental store man I couldn't take on anymore cats, however, I would be willing to help trap and fix the cats, if they could be returned.

The rental store man, Gregg I think his name is, said he would let me know. Pretty soon, the Marion man calls me. He's a jovial old guy. He asked if I could trap them and then he could take them to the Humane Society in Salem. I said I don't trap cats for killing and that is what would happen to them, if taken to a Humane Society, which seems so wrong, if you think about it, that a Humane Society would just kill healthy cats.

I told him I am a cat lover and just can't do that. He said "Well, so am I." I told him the other option, of just getting them fixed, and feeding them. He said he'd think about it. He called me back and said he decided on the latter option. So I said I'd come trap the first half dozen Monday evening. He doesn't live very far from my Jefferson vet clinic.

I forgot to get the name of the equipment rental store, because that is outstanding behavior by whomever this person is, first, to want to help this man out, and second to try to find a humane option for him, too. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...