Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Cat Gods Own Me

Today, once again, the cat gods manipulated my life so I could serve another cat.

The Albany Trailer Park woman needed flea treatment for the cats fixed Wednesday. She lives in a little fifth wheeler. I took in four cats from her Wednesday.

I got delayed by the trains this morning, which was irritating. I had to be back after delivering the cats to the vet, by 9:15, in order to meet the woman adopting Sashi and Suku. Suku is the silver torbi four week old from the canal district yard. This is a great responsible home for both girls. I was also going to stop by the trailer park with the flea treatment. I thought I had time. I didn't.

I had to come straight home to meet the adopter. I sure didn't want to mess that up. I will miss Sashi greatly. It was hard to see her go. She was staring at me, as she left, in the woman's carrier, like I'm Satan for sending her away.

I felt horrible.

So, upset, sad, I decided I better just get going and go pay those bills I've been ignoring too long and deliver the flea treatment to the trailer park woman.

I got there and gave her the flea treatment. But then, I suddenly really needed to use a bathroom. She said they have public restrooms there, and even showers. Off I went to the little peeling paint blue trimmed concrete block restroom. I was within a few feet of the door, when my sandal caught on the speed bump in the pavement. I almost caught myself before hitting the ground. I almost got that other leg out front of me to prevent the crash. But I didn't.

I went down hard. I did manage to turn slightly so as not to slam face first into asphalt. My bad right shoulder and arm hit first, followed immediately by the side of my head. But, I didn't hit asphalt. The cat gods had something else in mind with this further delay. I hit on the side of the asphalt in a two foot by two foot space of bark mulch my legs laying over the bright yellow speed bump. Hahahaha.

Everything had conspired together, coordinated actually, for what happened next. I went to the bathroom, limped back to the 5th wheeler, beside which my car was parked, and glanced to the left, between my car and the 5th wheeler, as I was dusting off the bark mulch stuck to my clothes and hair.

I saw a Siamese sitting on the steps of the trailer beyond--a pregnant Siamese.

I asked the woman who needed the flea treatment, "So who is that cat, over there?" The woman peers in the direction I am pointing.

"Oh, my gawd," she said, then strode toward the trailer I was pointing to, "that is Ariana. I haven't seen her in months."

It was her long lost Siamese, now pregnant. The woman who lives in that trailer said the cat just recently appeared and was living under her trailer. I said, "Let me use your phone." I called the vet clinic, to see if one more cat could be fixed, even though it was almost noon. "Sure," Mr. Receptionist says.

I set a trap for her, since she's turned shy. I caught her within moments and within another few moments, pregnant Ariana was at the vet. I told Jon, the front desk man, "She doesn't need a seventh litter."

The trailer park woman said she's had six litters already, that she knows of.

The cat gods manipulated events today, to get me into that trailer park at the exact right moment. In the end, to facilitate timing for the glance that would locate a lost cat badly needing fixed, the cat gods suddenly gave me the need to use a bathroom, then sent me flying face down over a speed bump.

The Cat Gods will do anything to get done what they want done. I'm just their servant. They grant me no rights or benefits either, as their servant/slave. But, what can I do? It's not like the ACLU is going to represent me in a case against the cat gods, demanding better working conditions.

What are you going to do? The cat's getting fixed and the cat gods are appeased, pleased with me.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...