Monday, July 21, 2008

Sad

A real estate woman who lives in Lebanon had contacted me a couple weeks ago, wanting a feral mom, stray male, and the mom's kittens gone. I explained I couldn't take in every unwanted cat in Linn County, but I could help get the cats fixed. She said her husband hated the female, but liked the male, and talked about how they behaved like a family group. I urged her to just let me help get them fixed.

Today, I contacted her again, to see if she was indeed going to get them fixed and if she needed help doing so. She tells me they're going to trap the mother and kittens and have them killed, or already have, because they can't have cats in their flower gardens.

I told her what extreme stress I was under, taking such brutal calls every day here in Linn County, how much I want to leave this county to save myself now, and that I didn't want to hear things like that, so not to contact me again then. Her reply was snotty and snide. People don't give a shit in this county about anything, I've come to believe.

It is very hard living here. Very hard. I have to get out to save myself now. I know this. I thought I could handle the daily stress of living in a county with this sort of mentality, but I can't. It's horrible here for the animals, which is a good indicator of the overall character of the people who live here, too. It goes hand and hand, how a society treats the small little lives and character.

I know there are good people around these parts. I'm sure of it.

I need to be somewhere where there are others who care, where I can have someplace to get away, for my own sake.

In other news, the NS vet e-mailed this a.m. She's been with friends in California somewhere ever since leaving the country fair. She said her mother fell and sustained a head injury, back where she lives, I think in the midwest somewhere, and they are headed for Portland and everything is on hold. I don't know if the Oregon clinics now will be cancelled or what. That's all I heard, in a short e-mail this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...