Friday, July 25, 2008

Betty is Gone

Betty, formerly known as wrecking yard mom, is gone. She went to her new barn home, with the horse people who have four female kittens the same age as her own kittens. They were spayed today as was Blueberry, Betty's last kitten here without a home.

It was hard to take her out there. I have respect for her. She was scared. It's a good setup, the best I could hope for, for her, especially with four girl kittens, like she had. She'll be well cared for, has a lot of places to roam, food, and she's set up in a great large containment area for a couple weeks.

Still, I suppose my exhaustion was hitting me, and I could do nothing but sob, driving home. I drove past the warehouse on the corner there on Seven Mile, the former Koos warehouse, and I know when he sold that the new owner likely killed the cats left there. So I hate driving by it. I want to avert my eyes, close them, look away, yell, something. I spent two years out there getting over 200 cats fixed and rehomed probably over 150. I never got paid anything for all that labor and all those fixes. Then, the farmer, in deep financial shit, from ill managed farming and money, sold it. There were still 30 cats out there. And when I go by, I don't see even one. So I try never to go by there, because I want to look over, then the sadness overtakes me, the despair.

Where are all the good people?

UPDATE on homemade hydrogen extraction from water: All sorts of people have told me now this is a scam, that hydrogen cannot be extracted that easily from water, etc. etc. I'd like to see the newspaper, that reported it, engage in an experiment of making and installing one on a car that they have carefully checked prior mileage on, then reporting on the results after adding one of these systems.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your video about the one-eyed cat on a Vet site and followed the links from there.

    I rescue ferals and strays in Bakersfield. I currently have 13 that live in the house and 5 that live outside. All are spayed/neutered.This is from a high of about 25 at one point. Perhaps many of the males quit hanging around after all the females were spayed..and some of the dear young ones didn't make it due to cars or dogs or whatever takes such little souls from us.

    I am quite worried about the parasite coccidia. We have a wonderful feral cat non-profit that pays to spay all the cats/kittens we get and our vet is a wonderful man that God herself must of sent to us. But neither of them have ever said anything about that parasite.

    I would appreciate if you could tell me more about it, I have read a few online articles about it, but I sense you might know more as it relates to folks that rescue feral kittens. If you can, would you email me? My address is: dusty1215@gmail.com

    Thank you and bless you for what you do for all the felines in your area. If I had a couple of extra bucks to send your way I surely would..but alas, I do what you do on a fixed income from SS Disability..and my husband is on regular Social Security.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...