Thursday, July 24, 2008

8 Kittens

8 kittens will be fixed tomorrow. Four girls from rural Linn. Three boys from Albany. And Blueberry here, from Wrecking Yard mom, who also will go home with the rural Linn four girls, and hopefully take over as their mom, and live there, with them. I am conflicted seeing her go. I admire her, love her, even though all she does is hiss at me, from the window ledge in the spare bedroom.

Aces went to his home yesterday. I wish him well. Of 14 kittens I once had, now there are six still in need of homes. Four girls, two boys. The ringworm outbreak never really broke out beyond a couple small patches on a couple of the kittens. Maybe it's the antifungal baths or meds, but nothing major has become of it.

I kind of enjoyed viewing the work of a different species of fungi. The normal species I see is the one that floresces green under blacklight. This one doesn't. What I noticed, was this species turns the skin dark, from scabbing maybe, but nonetheless, showed first as a dark spot, almost black. And, instead of the regular hair around a cats eyes and ears and chin the usual ringworm species goes for, (technically, the dead skin and dead hair cells at the follicle base) and of course on the paws, this species prefers the base cells of the strong large diameter, by comparison whisker and guard hairs. Yeah. Interesting. This species does not spread as quickly nor as easily either.

Well anyhow. Aces is gone. Betty, the wrecking yard mom, is leaving tomorrow or Saturday. And I still have six kittens who need homes. All will be fixed as of tomorrow, when Blueberry gets spayed.

One of the three boy kittens from Albany was thought to be a girl. I was flea treating them here tonight, and checking sex for sure, and looked at him and thought, "What the????"

It's a boy all right but neither testicle has descended and these kittens are real close to four months. Double crypt, I wonder. It will be interesting to see what the vet has to say about that. And what it will cost to find those testicles. He has slight penile bleeding too, which is not a good sign, so I wonder where those lost testicles are stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...