Friday, June 20, 2008

Knee

I have been unable to walk today, on my right knee, without it suddenly collapsing, the collapse accompanied by severe pain. It's not every step, only certain steps when I use certain muscles or tendons or ligaments that causes the pain outburst and my knee to collapse, inward. Yuk.

So, if I had to get out of my car, or go outside, I had to be leaning on something, to prevent ending up in the dirt or on the pavement. I believe I tore something, or popped something out of place yesterday when I was trying to manhandle that awkward, unweildy heavy bed frame out of the coccidia kitten room and into my car. My car is short. That bed was long. So, it is difficult to get it inside. It was also a painful endeavor but I didn't think I badly injured anything. Today, my knee said otherwise.

I"ve had ice bags tied to my knee with bungee cords most of the day. I had to resurrect my crutches, hanging from a garage rafter. My knee is swollen on the outside, right where it pops horribly and I feel the pop, if I put my finger on the outside of my right knee, and move my knee slightly. What the hell is that, I wonder.

I wonder what is wrong with it.

I hope it is nothing serious. All I know is I am not looking forward to the walk tomorrow. That's walking 14 cats, two by two, from my car, in the parking lot, about 500 feet to the vet clinic. I'm taking 14 to Tigard including the one that wasn't spayed in March, and the four boy kittens she never would have had, had she actually been spayed when I took her up to be spayed in March. I'm taking 8 more from that bizarre situation in Pine Meadow.

Just three were fixed today. Unfortunately I trusted one Albany woman to take up and pick up her own cat, although the cat grant paid for the spay.

She was told by myself, by the morning receptionist, then by the afternoon receptionist (the vet's mother), that she had to pick up the cat before 6:00 p.m. because they closed at 6:00. The vet clinic called me at 6:15. She hadn't shown up. I tried calling her but no answer. Finally she showed up while I was on the phone with the clinic again, at 6:30. They wanted to leave, go home, it was Friday after all, but this woman just couldn't get there on time. I asked the receptionist to let me speak to her, so she handed the phone to the woman, and I did speak to her. I told her how rude her behavior was towards the vet clinic staff, to make them wait like that, when she'd been told when to pick up the cat and no one else, not one other client, had made them stay open an extra half hour on a Friday because they were late like that.

She hung up on me. Well it is rude. It's entitlement white trash rude. I wanted to tell her to apologize to the vet clinic staff, but she had hung up on me before I could tell her that, so I apologized to the vet clinic staff for her behavior instead.

So that was kind of a bummer. I don't want the vets to be upset with me. So I'm back to original policy. If they make an appointment through me to receive help with spay/neuter, then I transport the cat.

2 comments:

  1. That's so hard. :( My vet has made that arrangement with me...I have to deliver and pick up, because they trust me. I suppose it's a vote of confidence? Still, you wish other people would care to be thoughtful about so simple a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like people getting free fixes would at least show up on time. But, it is a nice knowledge, when people know you at least are reliable.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...