Sunday, June 22, 2008

Forgetmenot Not Forgotten Yesterday!

Forgetmenot didn't slip by yesterday. She is spayed now for sure! So, the second and hopefully real "Last HTN Colony Unfixed Cat Now Fixed" celebration is on!

WhoopedteedoodooYAYHOO!

What would be a fitting celebration? HTN colony caretaker is a subdued man, and won't consider even going out to eat. He's frugal and kind, but looks down on making merry or wasting a dime on making merry, or even making merry at all. Nonetheless, I'm very happy about the last cat being spayed. Smiling away.

Smokes the coccidia kitten whom I do not believe will make it, is racing around today. He drips from his rear end, and now is tinier than even the wrecking yard kittens and he is two weeks older than they are. I try everything. He gets sub cu fluids three times daily. I give him kaolin, trying to stop that drippage and with it, the fluid loss. He still gets Albon. He gets Pro Bios active bacteria. He gets nutrical, too, to add calories and vitamins but he's not going to make it.

I fell asleep on my couch last night after falling asleep in the garage room. I was worn out from going to bed too late last night then having to get up real early to get all those cats to Tigard on time. But I'm caught up now. My knee is slightly better although I won't be doing any extra walking for a few more days. No walking anywhere I don't have to, not until it's reliable again, my knee.

I think I might have twisted my knee when my car battery died and I was trying to push my car, in neutral, out of a field where I had parked to trap, onto a gravel driveway, so the jumper cables would reach from the other car to the battery on my car. This reminds me, I need to get a new battery. I hope it is the battery and not the alternator or something. The alternator belt itself feels tight but looks worn.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the HTN colony!!
    yeah!!

    be careful on that knee..doesn't sound fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better, my knee that is, but am taking it easy nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...