Friday, June 20, 2008

Don't Think Overpopulation is a Problem? Check out all these Ads.

From craigslist, today:

free kittens (lebanon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-726575968@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-06-20, 10:21AM PDT


we have 11 kittens ready for homes!! very friendly, playful, and as cute as can be...they are about 8 weeks old

Well, darn it, I went back to copy more of the free ads on craigslist and people, who are probably angry about all the people who don't fix their pets, are flagging them for removal. Takes five different flaggers to get a post removed, so lots of people are disapproving of people not fixing their females. They've been removed. Hey, it wasn't me. I try to contact people advertising free kittens and help them get the mothers fixed and often they need help.

But the other thing that occurs, is when a person posts their kittens, they sometimes flag all the other free kitten posts, so their free kittens are the only ones on craigslist. Kind of, well, there is just a lot of drama on craigslist.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to sound a warning to those who "flag" such ads for removal. As a long-time animal rescuer, I often placed ads in the newspaper and later online, only to get hate-filled, hysterical telephone calls from people ASSUMING I had female cats I didn't bother to spay.

    It's hard enough to find homes for abandoned or abused cats without some self-appointed busybodies flagging ads. And the women so righteously calling me up and pulling my ads NEVER were actually involved in the hands-on rescue of animals nor were they interested in helping pay for any neutering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Helen, I hear you.

    ReplyDelete

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...