Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Scoop on the Highly Chlorinated Water

The water department called, said they checked the level of chlorine from the hose in front of my place. They said the level is almost equal to the level they chlorinate at the plant. I asked what happened ten days ago, that would change the amount I taste in the water. Heat, that's what happened, the man said. With heat, he said, people use more water and so the level the water is treated with at the plant ends up the level of chlorine that comes from the tap. Ordinarily, some passes off in gas, as the water sits, unused.

He said they have had complaints about this from others, people who smell chlorine when they open the faucet or the hose.

I stopped by Heatherdale and talked to the old couple about the brown tabby they'd trapped, who is now in Turner. He used to work for the water department in Brownsville. He said all sorts of shit happens at water treatment plants, like way too much clorine would be added and somebody's fish would all be killed, that sort of thing. He said the public would never know what really goes on.

Anyhow, bottom line, I can't drink the tap water. Too much chlorine. Irritates my digestive track top to bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...