Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saling Garages

I do love garage sales. I just can't help myself. It's so fun. This morning, I returned the three cats to BSO3. The door was open and so was the garage, but I couldn't raise a soul by ringing the doorbell or knocking. The two little six week old calico kittens, from the two orange tabby on white females, spayed yesterday, came racing out of the garage to meet me. I tousled with them a few minutes.

Then I brought out the male and two girls and let them go, leaving them more food.

I like it if people are at least home, to greet the cats and me when I return them. It makes me feel good. Makes me feel like they care, about the service they got from me, and about the cats, too. But lots of times, the people are not there and it's just me and the cats.

Then I went to Millersburg Country colony, to return the the three boys I caught there the day before yesterday, who were neutered yesterday. The abbytabby two year old, the all black short hair and the little brown tabby teen. They weren't home either, but I wasn't surprised. They always go garage saling Saturdays.

I had passed several on my way out to the Millersburg colony. I stopped at one not far from the colony first off. They had clothes my size for a quarter each. I picked out maybe ten things. I'm washing them now and will try them on later. I have very few clothes. Even my T-shirts are very old and have holes in them.

Goodwill wants $7 for a used blouse and $5 for a used T-shirt. That's outrageous! That CEO of Goodwill needs to take a pay cut, maybe down to a quarter million a year.

So anyhow, I was very happy to run across nice clothes that cheap that might fit.

I then went to another garage sale in Millersburg, at the grange, and bought a comforter for three bucks. I have given away too many of my fuzzy blankets until I'm rather low on such items and need something for my two new wire frame beds, that I got at a garage sale last week. I have already taken to napping in the evening hours on the new bed in the garage room. I put the one mattress that came with the two single bed frames on that frame out there. Now I need to find a mattress of some sort to fit the one in the spare bedroom. I still can't get over getting those two bed frames and one mattress for $2.50.

I also got a cherry tomato plant. Last week I built a planter box out of old fence boards real quickly and have it in the contained cat yard area. In that, I planted potatos and broccoli. I've already planted leeks and onions and carrots and one pepper plant and two strawberry plants.

The carrot seed packet told how they thrive best and that carrots do better with little to no nitrogen.

I also pulled up a diseased azalea out front, used the last of the dirt I had left, from digging the hole for the patio I built, to create a 12 inch mound where the azalea used to be. I planted pumpkin seeds around the mound. I hope they grow. On the packet of seeds, it was stated that pumpkins yield seperate male and female flowers so planting some bright flowers nearby, like Cosmos, to attract polinators can help get higher better pumpkin yield.

Right now, I need to get some more planting dirt somewhere.

I still want to plant other squash and melons and beans and more broccoli. I better get at that right away, especially the beans. I'm planting anywhere I can find enough dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...