Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fell Asleep on Couch

Exhaustion has struck me. And I suppose lonliness is getting to me big time. I've had no energy. Today I fell asleep on the couch in the early evening and didn't wake until 1:00 a.m. I checked on the mom with her newborns in the rabbit hutch in my bedroom and they were just fine. She is very happy taking care of them. At first I didn't think she was going to, and was still feeding them myself. But she's taken over.

I didn't get back to the wrecking yard to check traps this evening because I fell asleep. There was nothing in them mid day, so I pulled one. The bait is likely dried and useless now, as an attractant. Tomorrow I'll remove them all. I'm not going to catch anything more there.

I'm not excited about summer coming. I am in a kind of hopelessness that I can't find a way out of. There is no recreation I can find around here I can afford, nowhere to go, unless trapping, and the isolation from the human race I experience here is far worse than in Corvallis, where I used the hiking parks in the summer. I live in a world unto myself.

I'm still looking for rentals in Corvallis that I might be able to afford, and that will take cats. I don't want to return to life in a low income complex however. The contacts I used to have in Corvallis, one by one, have quit returning calls. Well, I don't get over there very often. The contacts I have in Albany are people who want something of me, like getting their cats fixed, whatever.

Anyhow, I'm just lonely is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...