Saturday, March 15, 2008

Last Cat Breeding at HTN Proper

Last HTN proper unfixed cat--this black long hair female, spayed today, courtesy of Poppa Inc., in Tigard.

Along with seven more from Red Linda colony shown in photos below.
Brown tabby tux female.

White and black male so mean he was scheduled to be shot, if he didn't get caught and neutered instead. He had been seen dragging the teen females off the porch by the neck to rape. How pathetic. Now that his balls are MIA, he will get a real life.

Young orange tabby female, pregnant at spay.
One of two orange tabby teen males, fixed today.
Torti teen, pregnant at spay today.
The second orange tabby male teen, neutered today.This is the long hair gray female who turned out to be already spayed.

The sick black female, seen with tongue hanging out, who will be taken in MOnday by the colony caretaker.


Seven more Red Linda colony cats and one HTN female, the last cat in the colony left unfixed, were indeed fixed today, at Tigard Animal Hospital.

The 8th cat I trapped last night at Red Linda is a black female, tongue hanging out, likely has something bad, like calici virus, bartonella, chlamydia, FIV, tomtits, lymphoma or rotten teeth. Nothing good makes a cat hang their tongue from their mouth. It's done out of pain and nothing good causes that kind of pain. So I've asked the caretaker of these cats to take the cat to the vet herself. It's the least they can do, actually.

When she first contacted me, she was apologetic, said she'd make sure I didn't put out any money and that Poppa would be paid back for the fixes. I ain't seen nothing of any of these promises fulfilled so far.

I wasn't happy at all that one of the seven cats was already fixed, meaning basically $44 was burned or flushed down the toilet. She claimed to know which cats she had already gotten fixed and which she had not gotten fixed.

Sometimes I just want to run off screaming into the woods, or laughing hysterically, ripping my clothes off as I go.

So the HTN female got spayed today, the last cat still of breeding capacity there. The last cat at HTN proper. There are a few unfixed stragglers on the two streets, three to be exact, that I know of, but catching the last cat at HTN proper is huge.

I asked the old man if he wanted to celebrate. And he said "Like how?" I said, "Well, I don't know, go get a pizza or something."

"I don't eat pizza," he replied. "I don't even go out to eat," he added. "And I don't celebrate anything."

I was wanting to celebrate. This is a big deal.

The old man may have stood there solemnly declaring he celebrates nothing, but he was lying. I could see the lights flashing in his eyes, I'm pretty sure. He was celebrating getting all the cats fixed finally, all right. He just didn't want to let on how super excited he really was. I know I saw a muscle or two in his face twitch when I just said the words "last cat caught". He's hiding his exhilaration.

Sure he hides it well.

But I saw that one muscle twitch,

I know the truth.

1 comment:

  1. hi strayer, my name is nicky and someone who read my missing cat post on craigslist sent me a link to your site (thought maybe you could help). my cat , puck, went missing from tigard, oregon on 5/14/08. all my searches have dead ended, it seems as though he vanished into thin air! nobody has any info, i am even offering a $500 reward! anyway if you have any info that could be helpful i would greatly appriciate it. here is a brief description of puck: he is a large long haired nutered male maine coon, declawed in the front, he is brown/ grey/ & black striped with a white chin and belly. i can send a picture if you like. thank you very much. here is my contact info: Nicky- lewis4993@comcast.net- (503)684-7099

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...