Sunday, March 23, 2008

Best Laid Plans

I locked myself out of my house this evening. I was loading my car in the garage, to go trap for Monday's clinic, fearing rain tomorrow. The door closed as my mind exploded in panic. I had locked the door from house into garage, out of habit and exhaustion and the keys were inside the house.

How the hell was I going to get back inside? I didn't have a phone or car keys. I don't know anyone around these parts I could ask for assistance, even if I could have called someone.

My brother, who is my landlord, is gone on a vacation to southern California somewhere, not sure where.

For the next six hours I tried to break back into my house. I ended up cursing up a storm, exhausted, then sobbing my eyes out, then collapsing in the back of my car to try to sleep in the garage. But it was cold and my back hurt bad, not only from yesterdays' clinic work, but from laying on my back trying various methods to get the door off hinges that are inside the house.

I had to use the bathroom but there isn't one in the garage, so I used the garage room litterbox. Sick, eh?

I won't tell you exactly how I finally broke back in, but I had an epiphany, laying in the back of my car freezing with my leg twitching from nerve pain and it worked and it involved duct tape and a lot more pain for my back and neck. But I'm back inside at least. My trapping ambition is gone. It is now 1:15 a.m. in the morning. I locked myself out at 5:30 p.m.

Best laid plans......

No comments:

Post a Comment

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...