Thursday, February 21, 2008

Three More Whitey2 Cats Caught

I returned the six Whitey2 cats fixed in the last two days this afternoon. Five were white. One was black. Two of the six were females, one in heat, one pregnant. I thought there were only four more to catch, one black and three whiteys'. But no. There are fiver more whiteys and one more blacky. I caught two more of the Whiteys and the Blacky then came home. I have one more Whitey here to be fixed also tomorrow with the three I caught this afternoon. That's ten in total.

I set the neighbor's own trap hoping to catch at least one of the two manx's they feed. Their grandson was there. He didn't seem very into watching a trap, but said he would check it and that his mother would be home in an hour.

I got a Lebanon referral from KATA. I called the woman up. She is a neighbor of the Lovable Alcoholics. I took the Lovable Alcoholics' 16 cats up to an FCCO FLEX clinic last fall to be fixed. This woman has no money either. Who does? She has five females, all in heat, and three males she feeds. Six of the eight are tame. The two big males are half feral. I made appointments in Tigard for Saturday. I'm taking up four of these females, the tame male and three more from HTN.

I'm scrounging for donations right now.

I've been trying to fix the garage door opener here, too. Won't close with the remote or even the wall button, unless I hold down the wall button until it is completely closed. If it's even a half inch from not being closed and I let up on the wall button, it will open all the way, before I can try to close it again.

I tried a bunch of things already. The next thing I will try is to disconnect the wires for the wall button at the opener, then see if the remote works. If it does, then the problem is in the wall button or wires from wall button to opener, which are easy and cheap to replace. If it still doesn't work, might mean the remote receiver circuit board is bad, but one can, I am told, buy a generic sender/receiver with remote, and install the generic unit between the wall button and opener then program the universal remote, so not everybody with a universal can open it.

It's an old garage door opener, a model they don't make anymore, so one can't even find an online manuel for it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh oh, sounds like you need to replace the opener. It sounds like a problem with a circuit board in the opener itself. One craptacular week your having Jody. First the camera now the opener...time to sleep for a whole 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about 48? Circuit board inside the opener, huh? You're probably right. Nothing external I've tried has worked. Circuitry sucks. The dishwasher quit, too, but I don't miss that at all. Don't need it. Roof is still keeping out the rain. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like what my Bean's mom's garage door opener was doing, and she ended up having to have it replaced. $645 for new one. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't say that Diamond! Yikes. It's my brothers house, fortunately, not mine. Sometimes I'm really glad to be a renter. I might turn it into a manuel operation door for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I think I'm just going to go to manuel use of the garage door and disconnect the electric from it, since it is working sporadically now. It locks anyhow, manuelly, and more exercise, of any sort, is good, not bad. And it will save money, too. I need a camera worse than a remote controlled electric garage door.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...