Monday, February 18, 2008

Returned Springfield Cats

I returned the three Springfield ferals I helped trap last Thursday, who were fixed Friday. I meant to return the three boys yesterday, but got involved finishing the cat run. After returning them, I bought some cat food in Eugene, then stopped by the mill to retrieve a trap that had been there forever. I had left it with a guy living by the mill, so he could catch the Siamese female, who is the only cat not fixed there now. But he never tried, so I felt it was time to get the trap back.

While there I spotted the Siamese, so, I set the trap myself. I promptly fell asleep in my car while parked in the boneyard field of old trucks. I awakened to someone knocking on my car window. I knew the guy knocking on my window. He lives in an old camper shell in that field and works at the truck repair lot by the mill. We chatted awhile. He woke me to warn me if the guy who owned the property came through pulling a big rig, he'd be pissed if he couldn't make the tight corner on the dirt field because my car was in the way.

I just wanted to go back to sleep, however. I was extremely drowsy.

But I pulled the trap, then, on a whim, asked if he'd try to trap the Siamese. He said he'd try. I showed him how to set the trap.

By the time I came through, on the back roads, into Corvallis, it was early evening. I bought a few items at the Grocery Outlet and came home. I promptly fell asleep then, on my couch.

I never meant to be gone all day just returning those cats. I had hoped to go for a hike at Bald Hill in Corvallis or some such needed recreation. Instead, due to exhaustion, I fell asleep here and there.

The Family Feud situation returns. The Lebanon rescuer who had three of the inside cats from Family Feud got the one tame male fixed through myself and Poppa last Friday.

Now she's trapping for the uncle of the group, says she has four in traps. She didn't tell me the granddaughter gave her a donation. The granddaughter called here two days ago, still saying she was going to donate to help offset the spays and neuters, come by with it yesterday, then she never called again yesterday. She did tell me in the conversation that she had donated to the Lebanon woman, however, who took the three inside cats.

This was before I took up that little male for the Lebanon rescuer, to be fixed, that she had received a donation from the granddaughter. She could have told me she had received a donation that would certainly have covered that neuter. So now when she tells me she has cats in traps from the Uncle, I am not so sure she didn't get donations from him to cover the fixes and now wants the fixes covered by Poppa. She may have gotten nothing from the uncle, but now I don't trust her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...