Sunday, February 24, 2008

Painful People

I didn't get really going until late morning. I was exhausted. I finally went to Corvallis to give the neighbors of the Whitey2 colony another trap. But the husband came to the door this time. I'd never met him. I had some of their neighbors' Whitey2 cats in the car, to return, and wanted to show them to the wife there, so she could see how sweet they were. I don't why I would do that. Lonely I guess. Hoping to smooth things over between the two neighbors I guess.

The guy immediately started in about how the neighbors have too many cats and don't take care of them. This made me start roiling inside. Why? Because they don't take care of their cats either. They never fixed their male, whom now they haven't seen for weeks. They blamed the neighbors white cats for driving him off, even though he is much older and much bigger.

Meanwhile, the white cat neighbors had described the neighbors male as being over there, fighting with their cats, eating their food, but they didn't see it as a problem, is the difference, and fed him, even though they're really poor.

The university professionals had, when I told them this, disclaimed it, and would never admit their male is a neighborhood problem. But this, to say the white cat neighbors don't take care of their cats when these folks don't take care of theirs, was too much. And he also said he didn't like that the white cats came and ate their cats food. They just put out a little handful. What is the big deal?

How petty, I thought, how judgemental, I thought. These aren't uneducated slobs. In fact they are university professionals. Their neighbors are uneducated and very poor.

I told him all I could do was fix those neighbors cats which I've done, and that they need to fix theirs and since they're getting them fixed without donating a dime, they should count their blessings. Then I drove off.

When I took out the black female, a very sweet young thing, at Whitey2, after leaving their neighbors place disgusted, I realized she had not been eartipped at spay. This bothered me. I hadn't looked at the others, to make sure they were eartipped. I had asked they all be eartipped. The vet got busy and forgot is all.

I don't like getting involved in these neighbor against neighbor things. I hate it in fact. I just want both parties to get their cats fixed, love each other, and leave me the hell alone. I just want everybody to get along and help each other out.

I went out to the DD situation and set a trap. I found a south Corvallis woman willing to pick up a cat in a trap should they catch one. She would then call me to come pick the cat up. Later tonight, I did get a call that the long hair black and white female was caught in the trap I left set. I will pick her up at the other lady's place tomorrow. One down. Two to go.

This is cat number 15 from that situation. The other 14 have been rehomed. This one, and the other three, will have to return. But three fixed cats there is better than 17 unfixed cats, set to multiply.

I went to Winco to get cat litter then. When I got home, I sat down on my chair and my butt felt wet. I took off my jeans and low and behold, I was wearing a hairball on the butt of my jeans.

I don't know when exactly I sat down on one, whether it was just then, or sometime earlier. I wondered if I wore that hairball on my butt all over Winco. Nobody would tell you if you had a squishy yukky hairball mass on your jeans. It'd be far too embarrassing. Most people would think it was shit. What are they going to say, "Excuse me, ma'am, but you have shit on your butt."

I'm beyond feeling embarrassed anymore about such things, however. I just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...