Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cat Run Done and I'm Done In

I am done in, I tell you, worn out, like you couldn't imagine. After Snowman left, I was determined to get the cat run, from house to garage room, completed. And it's completed. But I just got it done. I have been working on it all day and I am so worn out. Swinging a hammar to staple down wire, finishing the stairway to Heaven hinged door, putting a lid on over where the cat door exits and all sorts of finishing uppers. My neck is killing me. My shoulders are killing me. My back is killing me. And it's Miller Time.

So Snowman left. But, this evening, there's this knocking on my garage door. It's the neighbor man. He's got a kitten in his arms. Seems a skinny starving torti five month old came into his garage and began to eat. She ate for forty minutes. He watched over her while she scarfed everything in sight, then he refilled the dish so she could eat more. He kept watching over her while she ate, so his cats wouldn't run her off. She was so desperate. Then he brought her over to me. He's quite the old guy, very polite and kind and caring. So she's sleeping right now, in my bathroom. Every bone protrudes. She's beautiful though.

Snowman leaves. And another one comes in. Well, what can one do? This ain't Mayberry where I live, that's for sure. In fact, I call this town Methberry. The cats in this little town, a lot of them that is, are desperate souls.

Cat run photos:




The new torti kitten, starving, desperate, beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. The cat run looks wonderful. And that Torti came the right place, it would seem.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...