Monday, January 21, 2008

Sure, I was Scared

Yeah, I was scared. I wanted to check on the homeless folks, where I trapped the cats before and then the cops ticketed me for parking. I was scared the cops were going to harrass me again. So I went in quick. I was hoping I wouldn't find them there, on this ultra freezing night. And I didn't. They were nowhere to be seen.

There were, however, dozens of empty whiskey and beer bottles scattered about. Vodka bottles, too. I looked into the frozen brush and saw cat eyes. These cats only suffer the results of human addictions. But those homeless folk, full of their addiction issues, are all the cats have. Well, they have me, too, sort of. I try to watch over them, as best I can, from a distance, floating in to check on them and feed them, but only in the dark, and only if I feel it's safe from the cops.

I did adopt one of the ten out. That still leaves nine, and nobody in sight, to feed them. So I put out a ton of food, and, I left my creation.

I made something for them real quick tonight, knowing how god awful cold it was going to get. I made them an insulated housing unit that I ran down that slippery trail tonight, nervous the cops would be out there ticketing my car. I was happy to see some of them are still alive. They were eager to see me, actually, and began gulping food. I'm going to find places for more of the nine left, if there are nine left by now.

I intended, if one of the homeless folk were there, to talk them into letting me take them to a shelter to sleep for the night, out of the cold. But nobody was there, except the hungry cats. So the cats at least, had taken over the tent and sleeping bag, being as how nobody else was using it.

I hurt my shoulder doing it, or maybe when working on the cat run here. It's half froze up again and hurts bad. My knee hurts bad too. Same one, the right one.

I stopped by the Deli briefly, to get something to eat. I ended up watching chess games, getting into it, too. Was exciting, the last game. At least I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...