Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stowaway Gets Her Chance--a Home


Stowaway is the little girl from the Gaffy Gang, fixed Monday, returned Tuesday, only to circle back around after I released her up in Turner, unbeknownst to me, and get into my car. I had luckily spotted her under my driver's seat at Winco foods, in Salem, where I'd stopped to get some groceries after returning the six Gaffy Gang cats fixed Monday. At least I thought I'd returned her, but she'd had other plans and snuck back into my car. I spent 40 minutes or so, digging her out of that awkward spot and did so with all my car doors closed so she wouldn't get out. I put her in one of the live traps, just emptied at her colony, where she lounged happily, trap uncovered, as I drove off. I couldn't take her back.

Today, a nice couple from Corvallis, who had originally been interested in adopting a young male, Mooki I'd hoped, fell in love with her and took her home. She pranced out flirting and rolling and purring. This is one cat with character who knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid to go get it. Too bad Mooki.

So Stowaway, the charmer, the risk taker, went off to a home.

Good for her. What a cat!

2 comments:

  1. Good for her! I hope Mookie finds a home soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! what a lucky girl she is :)
    that's scary about that needle!
    i stepped on one here at the beach a couple years ago and i was FREAKED out. it didn't go in deep but i went and got my tetnus shot.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...