Thursday, January 24, 2008

Six More Berliny Bunch Kitties Caught. Two Fixed Today.

Six more cats from the Berliny Bunch have been caught besides the six I caught the first night at the colony. Two of the latest six were fixed today. Both were females. The couple caught four more this morning. One is a massive male. These four, plus anymore caught tonight and tomorrow morning, will be fixed tomorrow. There is still a black and white kitten, a big black male and another orange male. In addition, there is a wide roaming white and gray cat, likely a male, that I've seen out there. So there are at least four more.

Female gray long hair, to be fixed tomorrow.
Black tux female, spayed today.
Torti tux, spayed today.
Brown tabby tux male, to be fixed tomorrow.
Black and white female teen, to be fixed tomorrow.
Massive tabby on white male, to be neutered tomorrow.

In other news, a new mayor was appointed by the city council today, to replace Mayor Killin, who died of cancer. In my opinion, it was a shady manuever pulled. An appointed council member, not an elected person, friend of the ultra conservative crowd that rules Albany, was proposed to be appointed major even before Mayor Killin died. He is a former mayor of Junction City. Sharon Konopa, long time ELECTED council member, also put her name in the hat for mayor, once Doug Killin died. Hasso Herring, the ultra ultra right wing local paper editor, pushed hard for Bedore to be appointed mayor and tonight he was, despite testimony from several citizens who pointed out Sharon Konopa's dedication to this community, her honesty, hard work for Albany, and the fact SHE IS AN ELECTED council person, not appointed, as was Bedore. But Bedore was shoved in as mayor, by the ultra conservative crew of four council members, including him voting for himself. What a sham of democracy.

How Sharon Konopa remains gracious through such baloney is beyond my ability to understand. I do respect her. She worked her butt off to help homeless folks who were run out of Camp Boondoggle. She lives her Christian faith. She's no hypocrit. Those other councilors are the reason Albany is what it is--a hub of crime and drug activity, judgemental, corrupt, apathetic. That's what I believe anyhow.


This man, Bedore, was never elected to anything. He's an outsider, too, manuevered in by the ultra ultra conservative crapola gang led by the local paper editor who wouldn't know balanced reporting from a Dr. Seuss book. Whatever. Just another reason to keep hope alive of getting out of here.

I must confess something about the massive tabby on white male trapped at Berliny Bunch: I feel like I know him. I mean, really know him. From where? I'll tell you where. From Camp Boondoggle. He looks like one of the huge males I hauled out of that Albany homeless camp, out and over two trains I climbed up then down, and out another 500 feet to the parking lot with my car. So I had a bit of hauling time, to get to know him. After his neuter he went to Lacomb. As the crow flies, that ain't far at all from the Berliny Bunch. I"m looking at him and saying "don't I know you?" And he's staring back at me in the same manner. Below is Boots from Boondoggle. Not quite the same cat as the Berliny Bunch big guy.

2 comments:

  1. But couldn't you tell if you'd got him neutered already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I could have. Just playing with the thought. Boots has an eartip. There's snow on the ground here in Albany.

    ReplyDelete

FCCO Trip on Half Decent Day

 Yesterday, early morning, I headed to FCCO with ten cats from the Scravel colony.   I don't get any records with the FCCO.  They are se...