Thursday, January 31, 2008

Six Cats Fixed Yesterday

Yesterday, 3 Logger Boys cats were fixed, all brown tabbies, one male, two females, one of them pregnant. All three had earmites, so I did dose them with Revolution and plan to clean their ears, too, one night when I'm up there and not so worn out. I also took in three kittens trapped at an Albany apartment complex--one boy and two girls. The Logger Boys paid for their cats to be fixed in full and the man who trapped the apartment cats also paid for their fixes. Blessed be!

The apartment complex dweller is excited and going to trap all the strays there for fixing. Yippee!

When I returned the Logger Boys cats last night late, they had one more of their females, one of the two Lynx Points, in a carrier. The other was in the house, but when I tried to net her, she slipped down and out the hole behind the water heater. I netted one of her three offspring in a bedroom. So I have two more. They weren't supposed to catch them until today, but they got the facts wrong, about when I have more reservations. So I'll house them today. They're really nice folks.

Vicki of KATA stopped by. She lives only two blocks away. I asked if they could borrow traps and she said she'd get them traps. There are four more needing fixed there--the second Siamese female, two of her kittens from last fall, and a male. Vicki was able to identify several of the other strays they see as fixed, knew who owned or fed them, even knew their names. I knew she would. So it was good she stopped by, so that we don't try to catch and fix already fixed cats.

The sick cat is going to the vet on Friday. The Logger Boys are taking him. I did give him fluids last night. He seemed slightly better since the ear cleaning of the day before yesterday.

On the way home, however, I reached my hand over towards my passenger seat and felt a sharp prick, twice, then pain. The cap had fallen off the 60 ml syringe, with needle I had used to give the cat fluids. My hand began to bleed. I sprayed it with clorox mix I keep in the car. But the damage was done.

The needle had penetrated the joint on my right index finger. I can barely move it today. Very painful and swollen. I am soaking it in epson salts.

I also took in Weed to be seen by a vet. Weed is from the Hate Thy Neighbor colony and was adopted a couple months ago. The disabled Corvallis woman who adopted him said he sneezes a lot and has eye drainage. She couldn't afford to take him to a Corvallis vet, so I said I'd take him to Jefferson. She paid for his visit.

The vet felt he looked pretty good, no fever, and I never heard a sneeze. But she tested him and he was negative, as I knew he would be, and prescribed antibiotics. I will give this woman another fact sheet on herpes. And take her Lysine.

She says the second white cat there at the complex, also the place I trapped three cats last week, to be fixed, including one white one, has an eartip. I trapped cats there before, and I do remember trapping a white one. So if this is true, if the second white cat is one I fixed a couple years back, then I don't have to trap another white cat there. I'd be done.

So I asked her to watch carefully and described the white cat just fixed as the one with one blue eye and one yellow eye, so she'd know to check the white cat with same color eyes for an eartip. She sees them outside her window periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...