Saturday, January 26, 2008

16 Cats Caught so Far for Tomorrow's Philomath FCCO Clinic

I've caught 16 cats so far last night and today. I have 22 reservations for tomorrow's Philomath FCCO clinic. Last night late I went over and caught three of four cats being fed on Division street in Corvallis. Same area where I trapped about six before, including the Lynx Point medium hair Siamese male kitten Peter Piper. He was eating from a dumpster.

I caught one all white cat with one blue and one yellow eye. I caught a Lynx Point Siamese, allegedly a female. And I caught a brown tabby tux. There is one more white male to catch. I saw three of the cats I'd trapped a couple years ago and had fixed. They're kind of fat.

This morning after returning four Berliny Bunch cats, I went out to Turner and trapped 13 of the 20 or so in that colony--The Gaffy Gang. I left two traps set and three more traps for the kind old man to set, if the other two produced. I'm returning in a couple hours with my drop trap, which I thought I'd thrown in this morning, but hadn't. I think I could have had all 21 caught if I'd remembered it.

So if I catch no more at all, I have 16 to get to Philomath somehow tomorrow morning. I'll probably have a lot more than that, in the end. Today's trapping was effortless, I'd have to say. The rain was pouring and I just would set a trap, go get it when a cat got caught, and put another out in the same place. That worked bing, bing, bing, for about ten of the 13. Then I had to put out a little more effort to catch three more, but not much effort, to be honest.

A person who wished to remain anonymous put $50 on account for me at Countryside, which was very nice, and allowed me to get some Albon. Seems that may be Hopi's problem. I had bloodwork done. She had inflammatory response, white count high, and it is possible that she has coccidia. Her normal blood calcium level does not rule out lymphoma, but am hoping she is afflicted, as she has been before, with coccidia. Albon doesn't kill coccidia, just prevents its growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...