Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Seymour, a.k.a Seyless, the One-eyed cat from Rural Philomath


Seymour wandered up to the right rural Philomath porch. K is one of the kindest people I know. She contacted me prior to the Neuterscooter's arrival in Corvallis about the stray with the bad eye, she was feeding. She wanted to help him. Help him she did.

She caught Seymour in a live trap and brought him to the Neuterscooter clinic, where he was not only neutered, but after the day of fixing was over, and all the cats had gone home, Dr. Peavy removed his herpes damaged eye.

After a rough few days, Seymour began acting like he wanted to be a house boy, and not an outside fed stray or feral. He began purring his head off, kneading, and absolutely will go nuts with catnip.

Seymour is, in other words, now thriving, thanks to a vet who charged only $40 to remove an eye, at the end of a very very long day, and a kind Philomath woman, who would not look the other way to his suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...