Monday, December 10, 2007

Schwab's Attempt to Appease Attorney General Complaint

I got a letter from the attorney general's office concerning the complaint I filed against Les Schwab. The reply from Les Schwab's paralegal was sent to the attorney general, not to me. The reply was full of lies about what happened, huge lies.

I get it, however. My brother told me if a company gets enough complaints against them, action is taken. So they have henchman, like the paralegal who wrote the reply to the attorney general's office, pretending they investigated, pretending they will mitigate the problem, when they don't give a shit about me or what they did to me, they just don't want my complaint to be added to the unaddressed company complaint file, likely already large, maintained against the company at the attorney general's office.

They want to look like they will address the complaint without addressing it, is what is going on here. That's why they never called me and never sent me a letter. That's what it's all about, baby, a crapola company, hiring PR paralegals, to gloss over legit complaints so the company won't have to face the music.

Les Schwab's paralegal claimed to have fully investigated the claim, and yet never called and talked to me. Les Schwab's henchman claimed the person attempted to be helpful, and only referenced my volunteer work when I told him and that I told him I routinely overloaded my car with extra passengers, volunteering that information. Actually I never carry passengers. Well, maybe once in a blue moon.

The letter from Schwab mop up man was so derogatory towards me, claiming they are saints and I the sinner, that it is laughable.

He claims and I quote: "Prior to this discussion (the one where I allegedly walked up to an assistant manager and volunteered the information that I trap cats as a volunteer, routinely overloaded my car with passengers and cages using my car stop and go), the assistant manager was not aware of how Ms. Harmon used her car." Well, that's just a fine pack of lies.

What really happened? I went in to get yet another flat repaired on the balding tires still under warranty with Schwab. I told the manager and he said he was a manager, not an assistant manager, that the tires I'd bought from them were not holding up well at all.

That's when he blurted out his infamous words "We know what you do with that car." I was taken aback, shocked actually. I was tired out. I'd just changed a flat out on highway 34 and rolled in on my donut. I tried to ask what he meant, and he repeated it. I said "you mean because it smells like cat pee in there?" I was trying to lighten his hostility. He then started in on how I use the car like a mail truck so he couldn't honor tire warranties on any more tires he sold me.

I didn't know what to say. I should have said 40,000 miles is 40,000 miles. All I could think of to say was to stutter out "Your founder would be horrified that you are attacking and attempting to cheat a volunteer." That's exactly what he was doing.

Schwab sucks.

3 comments:

  1. they really aren't a customer friendly company any more. we go to discount tires/ american tire co now instead. even when we were in bellingham.
    how's buster doing? is his throat healing? i know you've had a busy weekend! take some time to rest before you hurt yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, you didn't get washed away did you? Do you have a Firestone around there, hubby swears by them. Good service, honest people (at least here) and good tires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have a Firestone and I too am impressed by them and next time I buy new tires, they'll be my store. I have been travelling with the Neuterscooter. Went clear to Pendleton and Milton Freewater, after two Springfield clinics. Am exhausted but it was interesting and today, on the way back, we stopped at Multnomah Falls and climbed to the top of the falls, a mile up. Was fun. But, am totally worn out, and volunteering at another clinic tomorrow. Then two days off before the Corvallis clinic. Then they are leaving the state. Was so fun, even though I'm really worn out.

    ReplyDelete

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...