Sunday, December 23, 2007

Goodbye Aces---Again.

This is Aces, huddled in soggy berry vines, just before I netted him. I couldn't stand to see the little guy suffer so.
Look at beautiful Aces now. I miss him so much already. I know he couldn't stay, but I loved him so. He's a beloved cat and me and the other cats will miss this kind hearted boy very much.

Aces left for a new home today. Just now, in fact. Two nice young men came over and adopted him for their family. It was hard to get the boys/men to say anything, however. Shy, maybe? I could sense they were very well mannered nice kids. Hard to say kids, however, for these two, because they behaved so much like young men.

Anyhow, Aces went off with them to their Corvallis home. Good luck, Aces. Aces is a nice kitty I've had here since he was tiny, and I netted him in the berry vines. He was looking so pathetic and miserable and hungry. That was at the BS overflow colony. 90 some cats fixed in that little dead end Albany street so far. He had no future there. Now, I hope he has a good future with this family.

Also, I returned the tux male kitten and the little tame gray kitten to the Corvallis colony. I found the rear leg of a cat, too, while there, near their back porch, gray hair still on the foot. The cat met an awful fate and recently, too. Either he was killed by one of their two dogs or by a fox who roams through the area. My guess is by their dogs, even though they claim the dogs just chase the cats.

It's the second cat part I've found there. The first was just a kitten's tail. He too was killed by a predator, domestic or wild. So I really really hated returning that little gray female kitten and the black tux kitten. No futures there. But they didn't want to sign them over.

I also returned the six kittens fixed Saturday to the stables. They didn't want to go back. They had loved lounging warm and well fed in my bathroom. She sure didn't want more cats to care for out at the stables. But she adopted out kittens to a friend unfixed. The friend never got the kittens fixed. They grew up and reproduced, and then the friend dumped the offspring she couldn't give away back at the stables. There were 8 in all. Five of the 8 were females. The ones who got homes, they're likely reproducing too.

Stupid people out there, who think they deserve to breed their cats, because kittens are so darn cute. The consequences of this behavior are suffering and death to the cats. Dumbshit no heart self-centered people.

I still have three male kittens here--Graham, one the Corvallis colony folks did agree to sign over, Chirp and Elmo, brothers from Hate Thy Neighbor. KATA has agreed to take these three boys, if I don't find them homes first.

I still have Shady, from the BS, Mooki, one of the Spicer boys, and Brambles, who also comes from Hate Thy Neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...