Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy Beaver

I have been busy. Saturday and Sunday were long days. I left here with the Neuterscooter at 7:00 a.m. each day and got home, on average, around 10:00 p.m. or 10:30. The Neuterscooter held two Springfield clinics over the weekend. About 130 or so cats were fixed. They kept the clinics smaller this time.

I got to see two BS kittens a teenager and her mom took in as sort of fosters/adoption possible last summer, when they were barely off the bottle. They were Pixie's siblings. They were fixed yesterday, looked great and they are keeping both.

This afternoon I am travelling with the neuterscooter to Pendleton for a small clinic. My volunteer will be here since I have a potential adoptor coming by. She will also care for my cats while I'm at the Pendleton clinic.

Weed got himself a home yesterday. Way to go Weed! Weed is the little orange tabby kitten from Hate Thy Neighbor.

I have a Christmas tree a friend brought me. Her husband cuts and sells them this time of year over at Denson's Feed in Corvallis. It is a beautiful tree. My cats have already knocked it over twice!

I didn't think little Matilda from the Slophouse colony was going to make it. She still might not make it. Very skinny, seems to be losing weight rather than gaining. I had her tested and her heart listened to, thinking she might be Leukemia positive or have a heart murmur growing in severity as she grows. The vet didn't hear a murmur and she tested negative, but she still is not thriving. I give her fluids and force feed her. She may have a hepatic shunt defect. Today, however, she is eating on her own, expressing more interest in eating. I don't know if she will live or not.

Snowman, the big white yard male, who I got fixed for someone feeding strays over half mile away early last winter, is sometimes here for days, wanting to sleep in the garage when he is here, and then will disappear again for days. He's a big lovable snowball of a cat and I really don't know if he has a home somewhere else or not. Sometimes cats do that, live for awhile one place, then go off to a vacation home, which might be my place, for awhile. Anyhow, Snowman is always welcome here when he's "on vacation".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...