Tuesday, December 18, 2007

100 Cats Fixed Today at Corvallis Neuterscooter Clinic

Long day. 100 cats were fixed today at the Neuterscooter Corvallis clinic. They came from as far away as Creswell, Eugene and Sweet Home. I took six kittens in from the Corvallis Colony, which finishes that colony, and six from highway 34. I also arranged for Willy and Simba, the two male Siamese boys I trapped at Hull Oaks Mill, plus Scruffy, one of Hope's kittens and his buddy, a calico kitten, to be fixed today. 16 cats in all. A friend sponsored five of these cats. Poppa paid for five and I ended up paying for the other six.

I didn't mean to trap so many. But, it's good the Corvallis colony is now done. KATA is taking in two of the Corvallis colony kittens fixed today and that is certainly wonderful news since they have no life or future where I trapped them. Of the six Corvallis colony cats I took today to the clinic, three were females and three were males. Of the six I took of seven kittens from Highway 34, four were females and two were males.

I've got to catch that last kitten, who is female.

I'm way behind on everything. I haven't sent out a single Christmas card. I haven't shopped for any Christmas gifts. I think I should get my brothers something at least. I can't think of what to get them, since they can get themselves anything they might want I would think. So it is a hard thing to think of something they might enjoy, and it might be too late to mail anything and have it arrive by Christmas for them. I don't see my brothers very often but I think of them, especially around the holidays. I won't see them this year. My older brother is busy and likely so is my younger brother. They both have families.

I was given a beautiful Christmas tree by a Philomath couple for whom I've gotten quite a few cats fixed. But I never decorated it. I got a few ornaments when Albright and Raw was having the close out sale when they went out of business. The ornaments were extremely cheap and very beautiful I thought. I can't find them, however. I must have put them somewhere and now I can't remember where. There were only about six anyhow. I could always make some ornaments and maybe I will. It's not too late.

I'm very tired, so tired I can't sleep. My back hurts and my knee hurts and my foot hurts. I can't stand long hours like I did today without hurting real bad for several days. I think it was worth it, since we fixed 100 cats and removed two very damaged cat eyes.

I am happy KATA will take in the four boys, two from the Corvallis colony and the two from Marilyn Street. I am no good anymore at all, at adopting out cats, since I have no venue for them to be seen and thus cannot compete well with the fixed place shelters nor the shelters with venues like Petco offers KATA because they are nonprofit. So it's very hard for me. I have a lot of cats here and no homes forthcoming, although Tulip may be getting a home the end of the week.

Well anyhow, it's almost 2:00 a.m. and I can't stay awake any longer.

Dr. Peavy, the Neuterscooter Vet, and her partner, are leaving tomorrow for Indiana. Thank you, Dr. Peavy and Oscar. You did Oregon a great service once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...