Thursday, November 29, 2007

So Far this Week, 14 Cats Fixed

So far, just this week, I've taken in 14 cats to be fixed. On Tuesday, it was the five Whitey's from Homeless Richards plus a stray orange female taken in by an Albany family.

On Wednesday, it was two more Homeless Richard cats, a male and a female, and the three adults from the Slophouse colony. All three of the Slophouse cats were females. The kitten from there, who will be fostered by a neighbor on the street, is also female.

Today, I took three cats to Tigard for fixing. All three were Homeless Richard cats. Two were tame. He'd handed them over. The third was the black and white I trapped just before the lovely large parking ticket was given to me as an early Christmas gift, by the Corvallis Police, for my volunteer efforts. This is how Corvallis honors its volunteers--with tickets. Hohohoho.

Support Your Local Police. Boy, did you see how they wiped the smile from that volunteer's face? Hahahahhaha.

Of the ten Homeless Ricahrd cats, seven were female. Seven adult females. Think about that. Think about it. Think how much I saved the city, if, in the end, the cats over ran the area, and the city had to trap them and have them euthanized. Think about it. Then think about how the person who stopped that expense and labor and cruelty from ever happening got herself a big fat thank you in the form of a ticket. Fuck you Corvallis.

Well anyhow. I'm trying to somehow spin it humorous, so I don't cry. The payment plan I hope to set up will entail me paying 25 cents per month. Yeah. That's about what I can afford. That's what I'll offer to pay.

And, I think I overdid it trapping there. There's this big log you have to climb over, to access the trail into the camps. I hopped back and forth over that log, over and over. So last night, for some reason, my back, right knee and ankle and left ankle would wake me up in severe sharp stabbing pains. I couldn't sleep half the night due to these stabbing severe pains. I know, because of what happened before my back surgery, that this is likely caused by my inflamed back, not my knee or ankle or foot per se. It was harsh last night with that pain, however. I ended up hugging Miss Daisy tight for comfort. Finally I fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I will say "Thank you" if nobody else does -- and I know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

The Park

 I went to the park yesterday with my friend.  I was aching for human contact.  She goes every day and so I left my car at her place and rod...