Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Seven Cats, including Hull Oakes Female and Calico from Calico Triangles, being Fixed Today

Today, seven cats are up being fixed, courtesy of Poppa Inc. Five of the seven hail from the Millersburg C&G colony. I had first trapped five cats from the colony. Then I trapped a sixth quickly last Friday, when an Albany woman who said she'd have two porch kittens confined for pick up that morning, had neither confined. I was shy on cats, didn't want to screw the vet, with whom I make appointments, and I was running late, so I quickly stopped by the colony and nabbed one, the silver tabby male.

Today I meant to trap only four more. But the first trap slammed shut on two--an all gray and an adult torbi. I seperated them into seperate traps as an adult orange tabby was caught in a third trap. I set my last trap and it snapped shut on two more all grays. I took all five.

I already had with me the calico from Calico Triangles and the Hull Oakes mill boiler room female. Seven in all. Plus I have been updating rabies vaccines on all the cats here, including those up for adoption. I generally do this once a year, for anybody not yet adopted out who has passed the magic four months of age mark. Last week I took in Thor, Scooter, who had been vaccinated last February, but was going to a barn home, so likely would not receive another, and Shady, who still awaits a home here. She has reached four months, however.

Thor and Scooter are now in a barn home with Zelda, from 34th street.

So today, I took in Little Miss Sunshine, who was supposed to go to a home last week, then when that got mixed up, this Sunday. But the adoptor became ill with food poisoning and was unable to come get her Sunday. So she got her rabies vaccine, along with Mooki, the only remaining Spicer Boy, now seven months of age. Brambles, One-eyed Mickey's sidekick from the HTN colony. also received his vaccination today. He is four months of age. And I took in Cattyhop, from the Slaughterhouse colony, who has been with me 16 months now and was due for a revaccination on rabies.

So it was a busy cat morning, getting all those cats ready to take in and trapping five more in Millersburg.
Bioler Room Female from the mill, being fixed today. She's very sweet.
Calico Triangles girl. This is the calico I pursued for almost a week, who was trying to survive in the triangles of grass between on and off ramps at the junction of Highway 34 and 99E.
Adult torbi being fixed today from Millersburg C&G Colony.
This is one of three DSH all gray cats being fixed today from Millersburg C&G.
Very loud adult orange tabby tux male, being fixed today from Millersburg C&G.
The other two all grays from Millersburg C&G up getting fixed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Round Up

Today is cat round up for tomorrow's five spots.  Two more came up from the vet student in Harrisburg late this morning.  Over 60 fixed ...