Friday, November 16, 2007

Call Me Relentless. Call Me a One Issue Person. Call Me Anything You Want.

So I'm relentless. I admit it. I'm a one issue person. I'm a spayaholic. I track down unfixed cats like a bloodhound on a fox trail, like a frat boy hunting a case of Bud, like a middle aged man needs a couch and a TV on game day, like a desperate addict hunts their dealer.

Think I'm a little one-issued? Should I branch out? Why? I haven't run out of unfixed cats to track down. I never will, not while Linn County exists.

Some people tell me I've made it in this world. These are the reasons they tell me why: I've been arrested for no good reason. I have a periodic stalker. And I've adopted a cat internationally. Some people have told me those are signs of success.

They're right of course! Imagine!

Five more cats were fixed today. The 16th from the Millersburg colony (one left to trap there) and four from a new colony of seven between Corvallis and Albany off Highway 34. Two of the three left unfixed there are also now contained and will be fixed next Tuesday. Traps are set for the seventh.


I got a call today from someone who said she lives in Lebanon, claimed to be calling from work, and was overwhelmed in her Lebanon neighborhood with unfixed cats, many coming from tenants vacating rentals and leaving their cats behind like trash. She was very upset about the mentality in Lebanon and Albany. I said "Well, I am too." Today I was really worn out, and venting about the problems in this county felt good.

She said some friend of hers, or former I guess she said, has a female with another litter, maybe two litters. She's upset because she took in two kittens from this former friend some time ago, to help her out, and now to hear she never got the cat fixed and she's had even more litters. According to her, she's low income but spends any money she has getting her hair dyed and cut, and nails done, for weekend bar hopping. Anyhow, I guess she's moving to Albany soon, but hopes to get the strays fixed before she moves. I gave her some resource lists and said she could contact me again if need be.

I made reservations for seven cats at the Neuterscooter. Am hoping to get Poppa fund help for five of the reservations. I paid out of pocket, using adoption donations, for the other two reservations, which will go to Simba and Willy.

I have a lot of kittens out there in various colonies, needing fixed. Three at the BS, two at Hate Thy Neighbor, and five at the Corvallis colony, if those are still alive. Also, two in Jefferson. That's 12 right there. I have two here of weight to be fixed now--Tulip and Weed, but I hope to get them done sooner than the mid December Neuterscooter clinic in Corvallis. 14 Kittens I need to get done, so they don't reproduce next spring, besides Simba and Willy, whose reservations are a done deal.

I still have not raised quite enough money for the 16 cats I'm taking December 2 to the Portland FCCO Flex clinic. I have to take $25 per cat. Sharon, of Lebanon, has donated enough to cover five cats. Thank you, Sharon. A WA woman, formerly of the mid valley, is going to cover two. Thank you, Midori! I have saved enough here and there for three more. So ten are now covered, with six more to go. I still have like two weeks or more. This is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing

 Got a message this morning.  Was I even really awake yet?   The weather has been really winterish, with winds, pouring rain, cold, even thu...