Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Albany PiggyWiggies

I saw in the paper Allied Waste in Corvallis is not only raising rates but moving the recycling center behind a fence, to stop events like in photos below. This happens in Albany. I used to think it was mainly poor people dumping, because of high garbage rates. When garbage rates go up, like they are in Benton County, people on the edge, can't afford it, and start illegal dumping or allowing trash to pile up. But I watch the people who drive up and dump shit at the Albany site and many are in really nice cars, SUV's and pickups. Anyhow, this is just one little bit of trash dumped one day at the Albany Recycle Center, which I would guess, will soon be forced to halt the program, or move it behind a locked gate.

4 comments:

  1. I've, for a long time now, felt as though Albany's primary purpose is to serve as a warning to the rest of the state.

    This is just one more bit of evidence for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Lebanon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg! You made me remember Lebanon–have you no heart? B-)

    ReplyDelete

The Wolverine Visits Linn County

 I don't know if its the same Oregon touring wandering wolverine that was seen yesterday outside Lebanon on Golden Valley road.   The wa...