Sunday, October 21, 2007

Albany Abandoned Kitties

Mid summer, KAT asked me to help a woman on Columbus and 9th, in Albany. Seems she was making claims on websites and to shelters, like SafeHaven, even the FCCO, that her landlord was going to evict her if she didn't get her cats and those she fed, fixed. Turns out they were all tame and I think they were all hers. She had two kittens inside also, of one of her unfixed females. KAT asked me to get them fixed through POPPA, as they were backlogged.

I got five cats fixed for her. I got a brown tabby male, a brown tabby female, a tabby on white female, a Siamese mix male and a bobtail blue point medium hair Siamese male fixed for her.

Last week a woman working in a business near that location e-mails. She says she is feeding two strays and she thinks one is fixed but that both were abandoned by a tenant when she moved. I didn't make the connection, since that was early July when I got the five cats fixed for that tenant, named Colleen.

But I sure recognized the house this morning when I arrived to trap the calico for fixing behind the business. Unbelievable. There was the brown tabby, crouching on the porch of the now vacant house where she once lived, sporting that right eartip. The calico has no right eartip but was also abandoned by the woman when she moved. Made me mad.

I trapped the calico quickly and then went by a house, where I also got cats fixed, over on Waverly. I know they know this woman, because I saw their son at the Columbus and 9th house once, when I dropped off the cats I had just gotten fixed. They didn't answer, when I knocked. I left them a note.

In the note, I said I knew they knew that woman and that I needed to know how many cats she left behind. I told them I'd seen one of the brown tabbies I got fixed for her on the back porch. Likely I'll get no response, but I will keep trying.

I have a gang of thugs here, at my place. Cattyhop, Dex and Comet have taken to attacking Hopi and Electra, when they are in the litterbox, as sport. I am about to ban the three thugs from the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...