Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Doctor Quit

I just got a form letter from my long time PCP stating he has accepted a position in another state and is leaving, effective immediately. I haven't checked my mail for a week, so I don't know how long that's been sitting in the mailbox.

The form letter states I can see another doctor in that office, if I have an acute problem (emergency), but other than that, until they find a replacement, his patients can attempt to find a doctor at another clinic. Then they give some number of some woman who might be able to help people find another doctor somewhere.

No place I know in the mid valley is accepting new OHP/Medicare patients. In fact, I believe there is a big problem in this valley finding a doctor accepting new patients and impossible to find a doctor who takes OHP or Medicare new patients. So I don't know what I will do now.

I guess I will join, for now, the ranks of the functionally uninsured, although I have insurance, just no doctor I can see.

I liked my PCP very much. He's been very kind to me and I will miss him. It is a secure and reassuring feeling, if you are sick or hurt, to see a familiar face, in a doctor, at your side. Sounds like he got a great job offer he couldn't refuse in another state. That state is lucky to get him.

I left a message on the phoneline of the woman who supposedly helps people locate another PCP. Her message machine states that she gets very high volumes of calls but to wait at least 24 hours before trying to reach her again.

1 comment:

  1. Our momma lives here in oregons too. She says that the low cost spay and neuter program that used to be done by the local humane society program...well now they limits you to only 3 a year, and you can't be a rescue type person...cause the humane society is being jerks. Now, our momma thinks they dids this because it creates a huge overpopulation of pets...cause peoples can'ts afford spay/neuters...so then Humane society can whine and beg and gets more money...when theys contributed to the problems in the first place by limiting the spay and nueter program.
    Our momma has 3 indoors kittys (thats us!) and 2 outdoor and 1 feral tomboy who won't let her touch him...sigh. He's pretty too...but we thinks 5 kitties is plenty. Momma thinks more is better...sigh!!
    ~Napoleon,Hunter,&Belle~

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...