Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fell Asleep on Couch Last Night

I ended up falling asleep on my couch last night. I'd eaten some vegetables, in a soup I tried to make. The vegetables were given me yesterday by a neighbor on the Hate Thy Neighbor street. The neighborhood isn't so bad there afterall.

I got sick, tried to vomit, didn't, but did fall asleep on my couch and didn't wake up until 6:30 a.m. I'd fallen asleep somewhere around 8:30 last night. I don't feel right this morning. Stomach hurts. Dizzy.

I'm doing way too much. I bathed all the ringworm kittens again yesterday and built a stray house, for the downtown Albany cats, and planted new grass in my yard. The old grass was destroyed by the fence builder. Contractors are messy people. Really messy. The yard also is still strewn in cast off cigarette butts from the contractor man.

I'm caring for the ringworm kittens, all the other rescues, plus had the three little kittens from Hate Thy Neighbor colony here to care for, plus took up seven cats to be fixed, had to deal then with the sick male, who the vet said was way too sick to be fixed, come home, try to take care of all the stuff here, clean traps, do laundry, have not even had time to shop for real food. I was really trying to make salsa out of the vegetables given to me, but in the end, was hungry and tried to eat that as soup, and I got sick. I don't know if it was related to that, or just exhaustion or what.

I get worried. I have not had an adoption in ages.

I need to get going, get the six cats fixed yesterday, back to their colonies. I'm taking the three little kittens back to the Hate Thy Neighbor colony caretaker hoping he'll take good care of them. That's all I can. I'm just totally exhausted. It's more than one person can do.

I need to shop for real food. I also need to get some clothes. Most of mine are rags now or don't fit anymore.

UPDATE: My Oakridge friend is going to foster the three kittens from Hate Thy Neighbor! Yahoo! I'm relieved. I just went out again, to return the five cats fixed yesterday and take the three kittens back, and found a lifeless kitten way back in the berry vines. The caretaker of the colony had said he saw some kittens back there last night, two sizes of kittens, apparently from two or more mothers. One kitten was shivering horribly. He gave them milk, which I have now told him he shouldn't be doing, and that cold kitten fell into the milk, getting wet, which added to its misery.

I saw the kitten back in the brush and thought it was dead. I leaned against the wire and barbed wire fence until I could just barely grab it, and it moved. It's severely hypothermic and starved nearly to death. It's little spine bones protrude up everywhere. I got it as warm as I could in my car, with the heater blowing on it, then gave it back to the caretaker and asked that he feed it warm broth using his kitten feeding tube. But when I left, the kitten was sitting in a box and he'd done nothing.

There were two others in a little better shape but not much better back in the berry vines, too. One is a little orange tabby. He was crying. I tried to get him, and got severely scratched up by the berry vines. I'm just too tired to be doing this. I felt bad. I still want to save them all. I so wish Linn County residents would just fix their pets.

I'd taken the colony caretaker out to the BS colony, him with his pickup, and he got the big cage of mine, that's been out there, to put in his garage. I'd asked if he could put all these kittens, including the three I returned, who had eyes gunked blind, into that cage, so they could be treated, better fed, and kept out of the weather.

Later on, he said they do just fine outside. And they were running around by the porch, cute as buttons and now with clear ungunked eyes, because they've been with me two days. That will change if allowed outside like that, and not treated. There was no sense argueing with him, although I did try to say "they're not doing just fine at all."

Obviously. When their eyes are swollen shut and full of pus. Duh--that's not doing just fine. Anyhow, they'll be gone tonight. Tomorrow my angel friend will take them on and I am very very grateful. The old man is very nice. I don't mean to be putting him down. He seems to be the only one on that street that gives a shit. Many of these cats are unfixed castaways from neighbors and neighbors kids.

When I get tired I want to lash out, blame someone for something, but I can't in good faith be lashing at a kind old man, the one who cares on the street of nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Wolverine Visits Linn County

 I don't know if its the same Oregon touring wandering wolverine that was seen yesterday outside Lebanon on Golden Valley road.   The wa...