Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Cat List

I have a long long list of cats needing fixed.

Millersburg Country Colony: 2 feral kittens and one adult male left to catch. This colony was referred to me by my vet.

BS Colony: Six tame kittens five of them male. (Five of these are headed to Wednesday's Corvallis Neuterscooter clinic, thanks to sponsorship by a generous donar). Three more kittens, just three weeks old, of feral adult black female, who also needs fixed, at BS colony. 1 orange tabby on white feral teen, back barn. I stumbled into this colony by running into the caregiver at my vets and also because a grass seed farmer, for whom I trapped over 200 cats, was talking to a 7-11 clerk who is the daughter of the caretaker of BS Overflow (see below). She told him about the unfixed cats next door and dear Roger told her "Oh I know someone who will take care of that real quick." Good old catman Roger.

BS Overflow: two buff and white older kittens (Shady and Scottie's siblings) and one medium hair white with some orange younger kitten (Aces' sibling). One, possibly two, buff and white adults. One gray tabby with white adult.

Oak Street, Albany: One tabby teen, sex unknown. Mother cat fixed as are two of the three kittens who were fixed at the August Neuterscooter clinic. This woman got my number by contacting the Sunday paper pet columnist. She cares for some of the strays while the mother cat and three kittens are cared for by a big time SafeHaven donar (according to his caregiver). I had high hopes that he and his caregiver were going to make a donation to help cover the fixes,(I asked and gave them my address) but that never happened.

Boondoggies Revisited: One black adult female and three 8 week old feral kittens. I met these folks when helping get all the cats out of Camp Boondoggle before the city bulldozed that homeless camp. Now this formerly homeless couple have jobs and are living in an apartment complex, but the complex has been over run in stray and abandoned cats. Because of their contact with me at Boondoggle, they now find me when more unfixed cats show at that complex, so they can be fixed.

Shed Garage Cats: four feral kittens of the mother, tame, who was dumped off on 99E, then promptly had kittens. I got the mother fixed already. This colony was referred to me by a grass seed farmer I have known for a long long time. I know him because I helped get about 20 cats living in his barn fixed years ago.

Talbot Troops: A calico mom and her three older kittens. All feral. This colony was referred to me by my vet.

Hate Thy Neighbor colony: At least 15 more adults and teens, perhaps more. Three older kittens are now contained, awaiting spay/neuter, in a large containment cage I provided. This colony was referred to me by a neighbor of the caretaker who is a friend of the BS Colony caretaker.

Pleasure Acres Colony, Corvallis: 8 kittens of spay/neuter age. (These kittens are scheduled to be fixed at the Neuterscooter clinic in Corvallis Wednesday thanks to subsidy provided by Poppa Inc. Plus, 3 or more six week old kittens running around inside the garage. Two adult males. Three very young kittens being fostered inside by colony caretaker. This colony was referred to me by KATA in Sweet Home.

Bike Fence Colony (almost forgot): I trapped three or four pregnant females there, and the adult male, plus two of the kittens already. But my vet said he didn't want to do the other three kittens until they were a little older. So, I still have three of the five black kittens to catch and get fixed. This is a Corvallis colony referred to me by Heartland Humane.

And more, including five here, who were scheduled to be fixed, but who broke in ringworm. Four of the five are over it (I hope) and ready to be fixed. I had hoped to get at least four of them done this Wednesday, including the highly sought after orange tabby kitten "Micah" formerly of the BS. I paid for two of them to be spayed this Wednesday myself, out of my pocket, at the Neuterscooter clinic.

Kittens can usually wait awhile, if they have to. I target adult females first, when access to fixing is limited. However, since it is difficult to find anyone in this area willing to do low cost early age spay/neuter, when the Neuterscooter comes to town, I utilize! That vet and her family are simply awesome and totally devoted to stopping feline overpopulation. And she does kittens.

So, I try to get in kittens, feral and tame, when the Neuterscooter is in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Extras

 I have ten extra cats in my garage. Nine are in traps, just brought over from the Scravel colony.    They are almost all orange tabbies, wi...