Friday, June 22, 2007

Projects

Today, I'm taking it easy. I've had two phone calls, both Albany people, one with two unaltered males and one with two unaltered females. So I scheduled them in for next week. Frap is recovering from his surgery yesterday, quietly, in the spare bedroom. The bad tooth had broken off from blunt force at some point, probably some time ago, and become infected. All his other teeth were just fine. So, he's on antibiotics, already feeling better, and going to his home on Sunday. He will be joining his brother Jack.

Twister is doing just fine, free roaming my spare bedroom, except, for one thing. Sweet rescued Twister kept me up half the night howling, so I finally closed off the bedroom door and put him in his rabbit hutch inside the bedroom for the night. I had built a screen door and installed it on the spare bedroom so that new cats could become socialized. He is now socializing through the screen door with Miss Daisy, who already adores him. Miss Daisy adores everyone, however.

Keni, who said she will take on Twister, has not responded to my e-mail asking when she'd like me to bring him up. She's a busy woman. So, I'm hoping it can also be worked in this weekend. If not, then ok.

I had not received my FCCO registration packet yet, for the 8 reservations I made a few weeks ago for Sunday's clinic in Eugene. So I called the caregiver registrar. Unfortunately, they have overbooked the clinic, to the tune of 150 cats. She had also forgotten to write down my 8. She thinks it will be ok, and that I can bring them, but I won't know for sure until this evening. I had planned on finishing the Millersburg colony with Sunday's spots plus getting the stray barn female across the road in, too. While I was down Sunday, I planned on taking Frap over to his new home. He'll go to his home either way, however.

I finally moved this computer desk off the unpainted area, pulled up the little piece of carpet left under it and painted that area of the floor. My desk is still pulled out into the middle of the bedroom while the paint dries and the cats are banished, which is making them mad, since they can't go into the spare bedroom either, with Frap and Twister in there.

I also repaired the wall in the closet. When I painted the floor, I found a soggy falling apart piece of sheetrock, from the cats missing their mark. So I dug it out, patched it with drywall wall patch, but still had not covered it over with some sort of spackle, which I did this morning, and reattached the baseboards at floor, not carpet, level.

Last night, I rearranged the living room a bit. The cats like the furniture moved around. Beneath the love seat, I found all the missing cat toys, about 20 of them. After that, the cats were happy.

Countryside Vet Clinic gave me two fiberglass cages, one a double wide, that had been given to them. They were out back because they'd never fixed them up or used them and now that he's leaving, he has to get anything that was his out of there. So they offered them to me. I brought all the pieces home. Took a bit to clean them up. I had to sand the metal doors and latches and reattach some of the latches. Then I painted the rusty metal. Now they're good to go, but they're in my garage. Eventually I will move them into the spare bedroom. The garage cannot be used to house cats in the spring, summer or fall, due to extreme heat.

It's almost 4:00 p.m. and I haven't even left the house yet today, or eaten. My older brother had given me the gift of basic cable TV for a year. I've become disgusted with TV and see no reason to waste his money on cable, which is a rip off. So it is being disconnected. I am happy about this change. Watching TV is not good for me. In the words of a line riding cat trapper out of Brownsville: "TV makes you fat, stupid and boring." She's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...