Friday, June 15, 2007

Log Train

When taking the kittens back to the Millersburg Country Colony, I got stopped in my tracks by a log train. So I took a couple of photos.

These are three yet to be fixed cats, eating on the porch of the trailer. Two are females, one is a male. I saw at least ten more unfixed cats out there. But there are at least four litters of kittens, too, including two from the inside cat, the bobtail Siamese. One of these is a manx Siamese female kitten, that the woman's daughter is going to take. The kitten for awhile, she said drug her rear legs and now, can use them somewhat, but they are weak. I told her this is because of the kitten having no tail, that the tail is an extension of the cats' spinal cord and with manx kittens, sometimes it is, as my Corvallis vet used to say "manx gone too far". In other words, the spinal cord does not extend far enough in some of these abnormal cats, and manx cats are abnormal, to adequately innervate the rear legs or sometimes, bowel and bladdar control. I vaccinated both these two six week old kittens and two of the three 8 week old porch kittens. I wormed everybody, too.

The cats I saw needing fixed are three gray tabby females, another black female, a black tux male, a brown tabby tux female, at time of sighting, being mounted by the black tux male, two orange tabby males, one of them a manx, a gray tabby male, etc. etc. I know of ten kittens out there in three litters but from the kids and parents, I believe there are two other litters also. Meaning all those kittens will need fixed, too, when of an age to do so, or reproduction there will continue. Getting started, by trapping four cats, three of them female, one of those pregnant, was at least a start.
This is one of the unfixed black cats, crouching in the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...