Wednesday, November 08, 2006

God Forsaken Albany Real Estate

I spent most of the day in that awful complex crawling with strife, druggees and suffering. It is undoubtedly a god forsaken piece of Albany real estate. The kids of druggees suffer and so do the animals. The druggees suffer, too, and, in turn, cause immense suffering to almost everything they touch. That complex is Zombieville.

There is broad daylight dealing. Of all the tenant contacts I have made there I believe only three of the tenants or tenant families I've encountered are not eyeball deep in drug use or distribution.

I have met two households of recovering addicts struggling with themselves to overcome and I salute them. It's got to be insanely hard, when surrounded by the same behavior.

I've encountered so many such complexes in helping cats. It is so sad to see the lives destroyed by drugs, the hopelessness. It is so sad to encounter the kids and the animals of addicts--innocent parties to addiction, with their lives in turmoil, cut short, abandoned, unloved, or plummeted into tunnels of darkness with no light at the end of this tunnel BECAUSE the adults have chosen to feed addictions rather than love living things--like their own children or their pets who depend upon them for food and love.

I come along and try to create some light and hope at least for the cats. But it kills me, day in, day out, often plunges me into hell, to see it all, to witness the horrors of so many lost lives, everywhere.

What has become of this world, this country? If you go out nights, in Albany, in Lebanon, that's when the zombies emerge, often in their sunglasses even after dark, because they're meth high or high on combo's of chemical concoctions of all sorts. Zombies, I call them, pouring out of all the cracks and crevices and secret hidaways of society, to scavenge for the only thing of importance to them anymore--the drug. Slaves they are. Zombies.

To those who break free, man alive, good for you.

I wish I had a magic wand. I'd use it. I wouldn't store it and try to think up three wishes. I'd use it immediately. Like a 911 call needing made NQW.

I know what my wishes are.

I would wave that wand across all the zombievilles in the land, in the world! I'd wave away the darkness behind the eyes of children everywhere. And of course I'd wave it over the animals.

Please, angels, somewhere, come, with reinforcements and light enough for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Beach

 My Lebanon friend who gets so carsick, said she was going to the coast yesterday, did I want to go too. Of course I did.  She has to drive ...